SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Car of the day is this sporty Cutlass
1621115589619.png

This vehicle makes wide turns on its way to the beach! View attachment 87683
We have an Intensive Care Doctor in Edmonton who goes to work at the hospital like this. He tows a canoe behind his bike from home to the river. He then detaches the wheels from the canoe, throws the wheels and his bike on top of the canoe, and then paddles down the river. When he's gone as far as he can on the river, he comes ashore, puts the wheels back on the canoe and rides to work - it takes him 2 hours. In the winter, he obviously ditches the canoe but he still rides his bike to work - even in -30 degrees Celsius. It is amazing what some people can do - I can't even imagine doing it!!!!

Here is a link: https://globalnews.ca/video/7105270/edmontons-dr-darren-markland-on-biking-and-canoeing-to-work

Last edited:
Car of the day?
How about this convertible. Maybe a Buick Wildcat? Don’t know the year. The interior was shiny gold like the outside.

View attachment 87894
Don't know Buick's as well as some other models, but I am going to guess mid 60's because of strait body lines and trim... maybe '62 to '66 range. Could google it, but more fun to guess.

I rode out earlier today to the Piper Creek community vegetable gardens where my wife and I rent a couple of med sized plots. This timber framed barn which was erected by Rethink Red Deer and a local timber framing guild last year is somewhat of a marvel to look at. It used to be the site of an old barn which was ultimately torn down and this structure was built in its place. It’s also a host to quite a creative pollinator habitat.

IMG_20210517_1020161.jpg

IMG_20210517_1020302.jpg

I rode out earlier today to the Piper Creek community vegetable gardens where my wife and I rent a couple of med sized plots. This timber framed barn which was erected by Rethink Red Deer and a local timber framing guild last year is somewhat of a marvel to look at. It used to be the site of an old barn which was ultimately torn down and this structure was built in its place. It’s also a host to quite a creative pollinator habitat.

View attachment 87938
...the Trump tower of insect hotels.

Last edited:
Back