Should I keep the box?

My CCX is finally here!! My wife asked me to recycle all the boxes and shipping material before she gets home (we live in a small condo with no garage). How long did you keep the shipping box? Do I need to hold on to it for the length of the warranty in case I need to ship it back? I know I probably should, but it is a honkin' huge box. Help my marriage!

You can always get another one at your LBS. They are always trying to get rid of bike boxes.

Yes. When I moved cross country I had a hard time finding a box big enough and strong enough to carry the bike. All my LBS had boxes, but none that would fit my CCS.

I ended up having a box custom made from a shipping company. Cost me money.

Hide the box under the bed or in a closet.

Yes. When I moved cross country I had a hard time finding a box big enough and strong enough to carry the bike. All my LBS had boxes, but none that would fit my CCS.

I ended up having a box custom made from a shipping company. Cost me money.

Hide the box under the bed or in a closet.

Thanks! I have a separate question, maybe you can answer this. The battery has a button on it. The manual makes no reference to this. It makes it sound like the bike can power on using just the controller. So, do you keep the battery button "on" (lit up green) all the time and just turn it off for charging or storage, or is power on/off a two step process? Cheers!

@Captain Walnut, I got rid of the box the day I received the bike, after checking everything worked.
I turn the battery switch off when I finish using the bike.
Be sure the battery is properly installed and locked. Power up the battery and display, and hit hard the battery on the right side with the palm of your hand, to see if the electrical connectors are properly engaged and there is no power glitch.
Enjoy your new toy!

Welcome aboard, Captain Walnut. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new bike! :cool:

How about nailing the box to your ceiling? Many don't look up there. Maybe salvage some of the padding. Seems sort of useful. :D

Live in a small condo also, 1000sq ft. Wanted to keep it but there's just no room for it at all. That is one huge box and unique. I wonder how much those traveler cases cost that are plastic that hold bikes in them.

Turn the battery off. There's a slight drain from the BMS circuit on a few cells and that could unbalance the battery if you left it for a whole winter.

Throw the box away.

Back