Should I change my Bafang control display

TerryV6

I'm a young 70 year old and I added a bafang kit to my Terratrike rambler and it works very well. I was advised to get the 500c color display. I'm having difficulty seeing much in direct sunlight, as I see others also have with this. I can see the power setting and have lived with this. I have my phone on the other bar showing my avg speed etc on my phone, using map my ride. I like that I can see the map route I did that day... Anyway, I was wondering about switching out to the c961 lcd, which I think would be more readable. Would I be losing anything doing this? The later has the 9 speed setting in advanced like my current one does. Any thoughts on this? I know this is really a minor issue.

I'm a young 70 year old and I added a bafang kit to my Terratrike rambler and it works very well. I was advised to get the 500c color display. I'm having difficulty seeing much in direct sunlight, as I see others also have with this. I can see the power setting and have lived with this. I have my phone on the other bar showing my avg speed etc on my phone, using map my ride. I like that I can see the map route I did that day... Anyway, I was wondering about switching out to the c961 lcd, which I think would be more readable. Would I be losing anything doing this? The later has the 9 speed setting in advanced like my current one does. Any thoughts on this? I know this is really a minor issue.
Visibility for color displays in direct sunlight is generally not real good, but Bafang is usually one of the better ones. LCD displays don't have that issue at all, so I say go for it!

We're now about the same age. I bought my first C961 in 2014. I still use them and a C965. I sold and supported BBSxx series kits for 7 years. I've had free samples of every display including EggRider. I gave the EggRider away, and my Iast sample color display is going to a disabled veteran. All others were gifted as well. I still ride a bike to my pal's garage every morning with a C961 from 2014. I have a color TV at home. I don't need a color screen to ride.

Back