Shipping Lies, be prepared

Nice! <dripping in sarcasm>

It gets really old reading the complaints regarding shipping. Budget factory direct bikes are all, nearly all?, currently having shipping issues. A shop had batteries stuck on a sea container for weeks beyond the factory delivery date. SUCKS. I feel your pain, but it's the nature of the beast. BTW not unlike what we dealt with in 2014. Everything was on a slow boat. DIY builders learned patience.

I ordered the Aventure SoCal Sand Medium (with front and rear racks) on 08/28. Shipping label was created 09/02 and was delivered today 09/08. Website said it was in-stock and ready to ship, but based on what I've seen here and on the Facebook group I figured it would be around 2 weeks, so 11 actual days exceeded my expectations. looking forward to putting it together tomorrow and getting some riding time this weekend.

What did Aventon say when you called them?

I had a bike enter “shipped” status (because i created a fedex account in their app and i can see when a shipping label intended for me is created, even if i didn’t get an email from the vendor) which means the vendor has printed a label which tells the delivery company (fedex, ups, usps, etc) “hey, we have a package for you” from the vendor’s point of view, it is “shipped”, there is literally nothing they can do to expedite at this point.

what many above have stated, and which has been born out by direct experience on two recent separate bike purchases, is that the time between the vendor “shipping” the bike and fedex picking it up can be 10 business days…. and then the travel time for ebikes can be exceptionally long because the battery can’t fly, so you’re talking truck or train from origin to your door.

but even if you understand all that, in common internet store vernacular, in stock and ready to ship means the product is in inventory.

if the vendor has a service level promise for fullfillment turnaround time they’ll usually state something like “most orders ship in 48 hours” or “ships immediately from our oregon warehouse” or “please allow 2-3 business days to process your order” and especially these past two years with covid, most online stores you should anticipate delays related to supply chain logistics even if it’s not specifically stated.

its not that these companies are greedy and simply do not care.
it’s that we have an unprecedented level of open jobs available, we have unprecedented demand for products delivered to our door, and an unprecedented lack of vehicles, containers, trucks, truck drivers to deliver it all.
it is what it is, and i realize it may be somewhat new if youre not used to getting home delivery and an ebike is one of the first recent purchases that way… but to anyone who buys online frequently, loads of companies just can’t get stsff to work warehouses, man phone lines stacked with angry customers, etc.

What did Aventon say when you called them?

I had a bike enter “shipped” status (because i created a fedex account in their app and i can see when a shipping label intended for me is created, even if i didn’t get an email from the vendor) which means the vendor has printed a label which tells the delivery company (fedex, ups, usps, etc) “hey, we have a package for you” from the vendor’s point of view, it is “shipped”, there is literally nothing they can do to expedite at this point.

what many above have stated, and which has been born out by direct experience on two recent separate bike purchases, is that the time between the vendor “shipping” the bike and fedex picking it up can be 10 business days…. and then the travel time for ebikes can be exceptionally long because the battery can’t fly, so you’re talking truck or train from origin to your door.

but even if you understand all that, in common internet store vernacular, in stock and ready to ship means the product is in inventory.

if the vendor has a service level promise for fullfillment turnaround time they’ll usually state something like “most orders ship in 48 hours” or “ships immediately from our oregon warehouse” or “please allow 2-3 business days to process your order” and especially these past two years with covid, most online stores you should anticipate delays related to supply chain logistics even if it’s not specifically stated.

its not that these companies are greedy and simply do not care.
it’s that we have an unprecedented level of open jobs available, we have unprecedented demand for products delivered to our door, and an unprecedented lack of vehicles, containers, trucks, truck drivers to deliver it all.
it is what it is, and i realize it may be somewhat new if youre not used to getting home delivery and an ebike is one of the first recent purchases that way… but to anyone who buys online frequently, loads of companies just can’t get stsff to work warehouses, man phone lines stacked with angry customers, etc.
A voice of reason.

Magura 4 piston hydraulics ordered May 2021. Magura now reports no stock for shipments until May 2022.
For the frustrated here, this is still the current state of affairs.

canceled the order after I was just told to check in next week by the online chat after waiting for him for 2 and a half hrs. May end up with a Leon, they actually have a live telephone person to speak with.

canceled the order after I was just told to check in next week by the online chat after waiting for him for 2 and a half hrs. May end up with a Leon, they actually have a live telephone person to speak with.
Bummer. Sorry to hear that, I know it sucks. There is no excuse to not communicate in a timely fashion.

@pathfinder please read the following prior to canceling the order.

10. Cancellations​

“Card Processing Fee. If you ask us to cancel an order after we have captured funds from your credit/debit card, (or after we've captured funds from your PayPal account or have financed your purchased through Affirm) 2.5% will be withheld from your refund to cover the cost of merchant card processing, which we do not recover when issuing a refund for a cancelled order.”

11. Shipping​

Current shipping time is 3-5 business days.

things happen, waiting is frustrating and the anticipation of riding a new ebike is like waiting for Christmas when your a child.

I had to wait and it was not fun…I had ride plans with others, my own desire to get out on the road etc. it is well worth the wait

Just a heads up to anyone else looking to buy from aventon, if it says "available and ready to ship" don't believe it.

I ordered a level that I assumed would be shipped and it's now 4 days later and nothing. Probably going to have to cancel order through cc cause I was going to take it on a vacation in 10 days.
Oh My!!!

I took the OP's post as a PSA nothing more nothing less. And if was contemplating ordering from said company I would expect a two week turn around. 5 days to process and get picked up and 5 days to go cross country. And if that can't happen then I would need a heads up from the company.

@pathfinder please read the following prior to canceling the order.

10. Cancellations​

“Card Processing Fee. If you ask us to cancel an order after we have captured funds from your credit/debit card, (or after we've captured funds from your PayPal account or have financed your purchased through Affirm) 2.5% will be withheld from your refund to cover the cost of merchant card processing, which we do not recover when issuing a refund for a cancelled order.”

11. Shipping​

Current shipping time is 3-5 business days.

things happen, waiting is frustrating and the anticipation of riding a new ebike is like waiting for Christmas when your a child.

I had to wait and it was not fun…I had ride plans with others, my own desire to get out on the road etc. it is well worth the wait
@MDog51
Thanks for the heads up, I'm getting 100% back due to their "technical, implications" (aka.. @Alaskan) delays.

@MDog51
Thanks for the heads up, I'm getting 100% back due to their "technical, implications" (aka.. @Alaskan) delays.
Good luck with finding a bike you want…. I had issues with my first bike and the dealership.. all got resolved, not without threatening to file with the attorney general then the manufacturer stepped in and offered me a wonderful and fair solution. I ride that solution with a great deal of happiness and confidence in the manufacturer, their personnel and their products

This from Grin dealers email.

Hey , we are reaching out to our dealers to give them an update.

Sales have been amazing, but supplies and materials have been unreliable. We're sure that you have felt this in your own business as well.

We've weathered the supply chain disruptions from 2020, but they have only gotten worse in 2021. This has had a massive effect on everyone's business plans, and for Grin it has meant a huge swath of our core products not being available in a quantity and timeline to support bulk dealer sales that we normally love to entertain. This has affected our Phaserunners / Baserunner L10 controllers, Satiator Chargers, Cycle Analysts, LiGo Batteries, and many other items that include electronic components. The result of this is that some of our products may not be available in large quantities at dealer rates.

While this is a sad reality of the supply chain, we have been working hard on bringing our customers new exciting products and improving our production capabilities, check things out below

Ordered a NCM Leon Cycle T1000 yesterday and got confirm it was picked up by fedex this afternoon. It's a fat tire vs the city style of the aventon, it's a first ebike so I'll figure out if it works for me. Can't wait to get it out.

Last edited:
Hope you like it! I hope yours is as bulletproof as its namesake ;)
1632195839914.png

Back