Shipping Lies, be prepared

canceled the order after I was just told to check in next week by the online chat after waiting for him for 2 and a half hrs. May end up with a Leon, they actually have a live telephone person to speak with.
Awww too bad...I have a number of bikes and bought a couple Levels for starters....Waiting on my Mid-drive and another toy.....but have to say..... The Aventons were pretty good starters.......Don't worry yourself about Aventon...They cant keep up the patience customers and......Believe me......Your bike is already sold.....

Ordered an Aventure on 8/29 with expected 9/6 shipping. After getting a CS rep. to respond to my Reddit message, I learned my bike would ship within two weeks. A week later and I just got my tracking info.

Ordered an Aventure on 8/29 with expected 9/6 shipping. After getting a CS rep. to respond to my Reddit message, I learned my bike would ship within two weeks. A week later and I just got my tracking info.
Great news, only going to take a month to get it after ordering it, they seem to be shipping aventures quicker than the levels. GL with it, a buddy in GA got one 2 or 3 weeks ago and loves it.

I totally understand why people are annoyed when something is in stock and shipping and then doesn't. If the company can't ship when they promise, they should tell you before you even ask and offer a full refund option. You shouldn't have to wait around not getting responses and assume because of lockdowns or other excuses it will get here when it gets here, and you can't cancel without lossing 1/4 of your money. We can't manufacture in the US (or Canada) any more and we can't do service either. We are good at nothing. There. That's curmudgeon done right. :)

Just a heads up to anyone else looking to buy from aventon, if it says "available and ready to ship" don't believe it.

I ordered a level that I assumed would be shipped and it's now 4 days later and nothing. Probably going to have to cancel order through cc cause I was going to take it on a vacation in 10 days.
They're shipping FAQ is very explicit, 3 to 5 business days. When I ordered in August the two bikes shipped in exactly 5 business days and arrived the following week. So my advice would be that if you really are that impatient, you best head for an LBS and hope they have what you want in their store.

I bought a factory direct bike in April of this year, but before I purchased it, I emailed and specifically and asked the seller where it was in stock and where it would ship from? As in what country? The bike was in California and shipped from there, and I received it in about 5 days via FedEx. Good experience with them. 6 months later and all is good with the bike, now if the smoke will clear up I can get outside.

They're shipping FAQ is very explicit, 3 to 5 business days. When I ordered in August the two bikes shipped in exactly 5 business days and arrived the following week. So my advice would be that if you really are that impatient, you best head for an LBS and hope they have what you want in their store.
@finz, is one being impatient if 3, 4 weeks later there is no shipping and cs keeps saying check back next week?

It seems "explicit" may not be the best term for describing their shipping policy, maybe we can use hopefully, possible, maybe, might be, dont know.....

Purchased online from. NCM/Leon Cycle , it was shipped the next day and it will be here Monday.

@finz, is one being impatient if 3, 4 weeks later there is no shipping and cs keeps saying check back next week?

It seems "explicit" may not be the best term for describing their shipping policy, maybe we can use hopefully, possible, maybe, might be, dont know.....
Your post which I responded to, indicated your unhappiness after just four days had past since you placed an order. Seems you have changed the conditions to support your allegation of "lies". I'll stand by my suggestion, check out an LBS and perhaps you'll have better luck landing a bike before your trip. Good luck.

Your post which I responded to, indicated your unhappiness after just four days had past since you placed an order. Seems you have changed the conditions to support your allegation of "lies". I'll stand by my suggestion, check out an LBS and perhaps you'll have better luck landing a bike before your trip. Good luck.
Yes, 4 days, then 7, 14, 21. Not clear how I changed the conditions to support my allegations of lies. I stand by my original statement. It said in stock and 3 weeks later nothing was shipped. I called NCM/ Leon Cycle and asked if a bike was showing in stock when will it ship? Response was next day and that's when it shipped. When the bike gets here and barring any major disrepair I will be on here singing their praises.

Aventon is not being truthful(lying) on their website about available to ship unless I missed the small print somewhere that it's from China.

I agree with a LBS but it's my first ebike and figured before I slap $4-6k+ down on an ebike I should see if I like em.

Yes, 4 days, then 7, 14, 21. Not clear how I changed the conditions to support my allegations of lies. I stand by my original statement. It said in stock and 3 weeks later nothing was shipped. I called NCM/ Leon Cycle and asked if a bike was showing in stock when will it ship? Response was next day and that's when it shipped. When the bike gets here and barring any major disrepair I will be on here singing their praises.

Aventon is not being truthful(lying) on their website about available to ship unless I missed the small print somewhere that it's from China.

I agree with a LBS but it's my first ebike and figured before I slap $4-6k+ down on an ebike I should see if I like em.
Have a great trip. And as I said, good luck.

Back