Shipping Lies, be prepared

pathfinder

Region
USA
Just a heads up to anyone else looking to buy from aventon, if it says "available and ready to ship" don't believe it.

I ordered a level that I assumed would be shipped and it's now 4 days later and nothing. Probably going to have to cancel order through cc cause I was going to take it on a vacation in 10 days.

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty high expectation.
I ordered mine recently on a Friday, and it arrived 7 days later...coast to coast.
Good luck!

Seems like a pretty high expectation.
I ordered mine recently on a Friday, and it arrived 7 days later...coast to coast.
Good luck!

Not clear what the high expectation is, ordered it 6 days ago, it said available, ready to ship and the order on their website still says unfulfilled. It's not like they do anything other than run the unit box through a scanner and call the shipping co. The warehouse is essentially a drop ship location.

Unless of course they mislead you by saying it's in stock when it's not. Glad you got yours in 7 days. Another buddy has been waiting 3 weeks for an adventure which said in stock as well.

I guess in stock means in China?

Just a heads up to anyone else looking to buy from aventon, if it says "available and ready to ship" don't believe it.

I ordered a level that I assumed would be shipped and it's now 4 days later and nothing. Probably going to have to cancel order through cc cause I was going to take it on a vacation in 10 days.

Just a heads up.
Great base "heads up."

To be technical, I see no statement that it will be shipped within a specific number of days. An implication is not a promise.

To be technical, I see no statement that it will be shipped within a specific number of days. An implication is not a promise.
What the hell does this mean? It seems pretty uncomplicated to me, "available in stock,ready to ship" or if u looked another model it says "expected ship date Sept 18th"

How technical is it in your warped thinking " in stock and ready to ship vs expected ship date Sept 18th"

An implication is not a promise? no I guess it's a mental mind f. Keep posting dali lama, confuscious bs

What the hell does this mean? It seems pretty uncomplicated to me, "available in stock,ready to ship" or if u looked another model it says "expected ship date Sept 18th"

How technical is it in your warped thinking " in stock and ready to ship vs expected ship date Sept 18th"

An implication is not a promise? no I guess it's a mental mind f. Keep posting dali lama, confuscious bs
Ignore the curmudgeonly trolls that frequent this site. There are a lot of them from self proclaimed (pseudo) experts to ebike eletist/snobs and everything in between. EBR has jumped the shark with these trolls.

I like it when newbees show their colors right away. No point waiting to hit the ignore button.
See ya and thanks for letting me know there's a mute button for pompous butts. And to clarify, I'm not a newbie. I've been riding a bike since I was 3, so 55 yrs.

That’s what the “Ignore” button is for.

In pathfinder‘s case, newbie as in joined on Aug. 21st. Only 16 days and already making a scene. 58yrs old and acting like spoiled 5yr old.

Ignore button in 1…2…

That’s what the “Ignore” button is for.

In pathfinder‘s case, newbie as in joined on Aug. 21st. Only 16 days and already making a scene. 58yrs old and acting like spoiled 5yr old.

Ignore button in 1…2…
Sorry I'm not an old timer like you from June of 2021

Pathfinder, I think with some further investigation on your part that you'll see the shipping on the west coast is a huge Covid driven mess. Really bad. When a shipper calls a freight company, it's generally not for one bike. It's a truck load, and from the time the call is made saying they have a truck load ready to be picked up, there may not be a truck available to do that for several days.

Generally though, you do get a notice with a tracking number right away. The thing is, that number may not show any activity for 10 days because of the problems mentioned above. It's not until you see that tracking number activity that the shipping company has taken possession of your bike, and it's on it's way. Really on it's way.

We waited for a bike where the boat was not allowed into the harbor to be unloaded for days. When it was finally allowed to dock, and was unloaded, the ship yard "misplaced" the entire container. Told us it was nowhere to be found. 10 days later it's located in a remote area of the yard, at the bottom of a huge stack. The bike warehouse got the bike 6 days later, we got our tracking number the next day, and a full week later the tracking number showed it's first activity. So to recap, promised early October, delivered end of February.

I would call them or email them Tuesday for a status check.

I would not plan on having it in time for your vacation.

Pathfinder, I think with some further investigation on your part that you'll see the shipping on the west coast is a huge Covid driven mess. Really bad. When a shipper calls a freight company, it's generally not for one bike. It's a truck load, and from the time the call is made saying they have a truck load ready to be picked up, there may not be a truck available to do that for several days.

Generally though, you do get a notice with a tracking number right away. The thing is, that number may not show any activity for 10 days because of the problems mentioned above. It's not until you see that tracking number activity that the shipping company has taken possession of your bike, and it's on it's way. Really on it's way.

We waited for a bike where the boat was not allowed into the harbor to be unloaded for days. When it was finally allowed to dock, and was unloaded, the ship yard "misplaced" the entire container. Told us it was nowhere to be found. 10 days later it's located in a remote area of the yard, at the bottom of a huge stack. The bike warehouse got the bike 6 days later, we got our tracking number the next day, and a full week later the tracking number showed it's first activity. So to recap, promised early October, delivered end of February.

I would call them or email them Tuesday for a status check.

I would not plan on having it in time for your vacation.
Yes I agree with all of your points, just frustrating when they clearly say in stock and available to ship. I know it's not a "technical" confirmation" nor an "implication of promise" but it just reeks of being untruthful and deceitful. They hit your cc immediately for the full amount and then u wait....

I can say from previous businesses that I've owned that the customer always handles the truth better if they're told upfront of issues instead of ignoring the customer. All it takes is a call, text or email and 90% of the time the customer is appreciative of the fact that they've been notified of a problem,delay, etc... and plan accordingly.

In stock and available to ship just means the bike has already made it stateside. Unless of course it's still sitting on a boat waiting to be unloaded.....

We all assume lots of things. I go into a restaurant and a waitperson takes my order - I assume food will be coming along before long. If not, I'm going to have some kind/degree of issue with it. We each could list out a near infinite amount of things we count on each day that haven't been explicitly promised to us. And as the level of importance of a matter increases so does most peoples level of response (in some form) to it.

I value the original post for the fact that it might prevent one other person from experiencing higher stresses by counting on something from said company that may not be forthcoming. It gives others the chance to check, buy elsewhere, plan to not count on it, etc. That would be valuable to me if I were planning a purchase there.

Welcome to EBR pathfinder. I hope your alternate plans for bike and your vacation are equally or much more rewarding.

To be more technical. I ordered a Level. It was shipped in 5 days. I rode it 2 times and the power failed.
Took 4 days to get an e-mail response and another week after sending pics to be told they would replace battery. Said they expected batteries mid August.
Aug 25 Fed ex had a shipping label but they waited till Aug 30 to have FedEx pick it up.

The entire world of bike parts is on its ear. Today Magura acknowledged a back order from May 2021 to be filled in May of 2022. Local bike store has over 200 bikes and eBikes on back order. China raised motor prices and parts especially motors have a 25% tariff. It’s much like the market was in 2014. Long wait times and frustrating Chinese holiday shut downs just as spring purchases are picking up. Sucks.

Call me a curmudgeon if it fits.

I tire of impatient hot heads, joining this forum, just to post their petty, unreasonable gripes, offering nothing helpful and just stirring things up. This stuff only serves to erode community.

If this makes me an old grump, do be it.
self description?

Oh and 8 days later no update to the unfulfilled order that was "in stock and available to ship." I guess they are out of "technical implied promises" as so eloquently phrased by an earlier curmudgeon

Last edited:
Back