Selling my Superdelite Rohloff HS 2020 - What is a reasonable price?

Squaxor

I love my Superdelite and loved my Tinker, but I’ve developed a taste for longer trips to remote locations. I plan to buy a IDWorx tour bike instead. Unfortunately my finances, and wife, don’t allow me to own two very expensive bikes.

The bike was purchased from the official retailer Fullycharged in London in June 2020 - £8,340. I have the invoice and it’s still in warranty.

The bike is in perfect working order and will be thoroughly checked by Fullycharged on Monday 5th October.

The sale includes all these items purchased new in the last few months:
  1. Extra Bosch fast charger £145
  2. Two R&M transport covers (battery housing covers) £78
  3. Schwalbe hurricane tyres in addition to the Moto-X - £36
  4. Schwalbe Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus - £78
  5. Schwalbe Air Plus inner tubes - puncture resistance upgrade - £22
  6. Deity Tmac pedals - £129
Total cost of extras: £488

What would be a reasonable asking price? Where would you suggest I sell it? I’m based in London.

Thanks everyone!

D8AFF317-B69B-4899-94F1-8DC58972D98A.jpeg

I should think you can surely get top dollar for it. What with current demand and people wanting a bike ASAP. You might want to tell prospective buyers how many miles you have put on it and what size it is. Good luck. 🙂

You won't get a nickel more for the extras, but they might make the bike more sellable. Why don't you ask the bike shop you bought the bike from what it's worth?

You won't get a nickel more for the extras, but they might make the bike more sellable. Why don't you ask the bike shop you bought the bike from what it's worth?

They MAY be willing to tell him what it's worth retail but that'a not what they'd pay for it. I'd put the bike on the market for about what he paid for it minus the extras. He can assure any new buyer that the shop will back the new owner since they were the original seller.

The Riese & Muller warranty is not transferable to a subsequent owner beyond the original purchaser. Very few bike warranties are transferable. I suggest you look into a consignment arrangement with the shop where you purchased the bike. Anyone wanting to ride one now and not wait several months for their bike, might be interested. The shop can provide some sort of warranty or service guarantee to the new owner as well.

There is a website here: https://cote-velo.fr/estimer-mon-velo
Infrench - but it's very easy to use. Well known in France for 2nd hand market.

It says 6,997€. To which you can add the extras.

Of course, the fact that the warranty is not transferable may alter the value.

@ Alaskan, when you say not transferable, you mean the additional 3 years warranty on the frame that you get when you register the bike on the R&M website. The original warranty of 2 years for the frame and motor remains valid even if the owner changes?

Thanks everyone for the great advice. It sounds as though it would go for sure around £6k, but I’ll see if I can squeeze a bit more out of the dealer if they are willing to buy it back, or take a commission for selling it for me.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. It sounds as though it would go for sure around £6k, but I’ll see if I can squeeze a bit more out of the dealer if they are willing to buy it back, or take a commission for selling it for me.
Life is short, convince the wife to let you keep both by promising a dream vacation she always wanted for summer 2021

@Francois145

" R & M provides you with a five-year warranty in case of frame breakage on all E-bike models, according to their warranty conditions. Components carry a 2 year warranty which applies to defects and not items subject to wear and tear, including but not limited to: drivetrain components, shift cables, brake pads, rims, tires, and grips. Furthermore, they provide a voluntary warranty on the complete battery of one year: they guarantee that the battery after one year of 500 charge cycles (whichever comes first) will still have a capacity of 55%. The battery on your E-bike is also subject to wear and special care and maintenance guidelines need to be followed. All the warranties apply only to the original owner. "

If he's able to set something up with his dealer, where they sell the bike for him, THEY could put a warranty of their own on the bike that should make the bike more saleable. Or maybe that's your point. Not sure.

If he's able to set something up with his dealer, where they sell the bike for him, THEY could put a warranty of their own on the bike that should make the bike more saleable. Or maybe that's your point. Not sure.
Yes, that was precisely my point. The dealer can add the value of some assurance. Most consignment arrangements entail a 30% cut for the consignee. Given the current paucity of bicycle inventory, if the bike is in really great condition and does not have very many miles, the bike could sell for close to new retail price, if the shop is willing to extend some sort of warranty to the new owner.

Wow Squaxor, what a whirlwind you have had with that bike. I cannot believe you are getting rid of it. Have you spoken to Ben at FC? Would he be able to do a deal on something for you?

I love my Superdelite and loved my Tinker, but I’ve developed a taste for longer trips to remote locations. I plan to buy a IDWorx tour bike instead. Unfortunately my finances, and wife, don’t allow me to own two very expensive bikes. The bike was purchased from the official retailer Fullycharged in London in June 2020 - £8,340. I have the invoice and it’s still in warranty. The bike is in perfect working order and will be thoroughly checked by Fullycharged on Monday 5th October.
The sale includes all these items purchased new in the last few months:
  1. Extra Bosch fast charger £145
  2. Two R&M transport covers (battery housing covers) £78
  3. Schwalbe hurricane tyres in addition to the Moto-X - £36
  4. Schwalbe Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus - £78
  5. Schwalbe Air Plus inner tubes - puncture resistance upgrade - £22
  6. Deity Tmac pedals - £129
Total cost of extras: £488

What would be a reasonable asking price? Where would you suggest I sell it? I’m based in London.

Thanks everyone!

View attachment 67160

Very nice... what is the current mileage?

To be very precise, actually Riese & Müller does not give a warranty directly to the consumer, as Riese & Müller is in no direct relation to the consumer. The 2 year standard warranty is given from the dealer to the consumer and Riese & Müller give a 2 year warranty to the dealer that purchased the bike.
If the consumer privately sells the bike, then the person who buys it has no warranty, neither from Riese & Müller or by the dealer.
The 5 year warranty mentioned here is only for the first owner of a bike, only if he registers the bike within a month of the purchase and only if all service intervals defined by Riese & Müller are respected and all services are done by a Riese & Müller dealer.
The only way a warranty could be transferred, is if your dealer buys back the bike and send it again. Not as concession. This way he as a professional has to give the new buyer a warranty.

The bike is in perfect working order and will be thoroughly checked by Fullycharged on Monday 5th October.

Here is a helpful Tip:

Fully charged can ship E-bikes to the US mainland and I have seen them do that. That would open up more doors and there will be someone in the Bay area (California) who would be interested.
Warranty is another thing that you will have to work with Fully charged.

Here is a helpful Tip:

Fully charged can ship E-bikes to the US mainland and I have seen them do that. That would open up more doors and there will be someone in the Bay area (California) who would be interested.
Warranty is another thing that you will have to work with Fully charged.
Good luck with an EU spec drive unit and battery in the case something goes wrong in the US. Bosch will refuse any kind of warranty or service on that.

Back