Santa Barbara Electric Bicycle Cmpany

Stiffwood1673

Hello, all. New subscriber here. I work with a non-profit that repairs bicycles and provide them to anyone needing transportation to work. Recently, a gentleman donated three (3) Santa Barbara Electric Bikes to our organization. I can find virtually nothing about the bikes or the company. I am curious if anyone might have some information on the company. I found it odd that there are no YouTube videos or eBay action on the bikes. TIA.

Founded in 2005, probably finding out something about the company is not going to help. Look for the model year in the serial number. If they are more than 10 years old, not worth the upgrade to new. Even a cheap lithium battery will cost $300.

With older bikes like the Santa Barbara ebikes, our shop found it better to strip off the electronics, add an inexpensive standard wheel and then you have a working regular bike that will still help someone get down the road. I don't know if you have organizations similar to our Yellow Bike Project here in Austin TX; if so, they might be a good source for an inexpensive or free regular wheel and other parts you might need to repair your bikes. Kudos for being involved in such a great program, @Stiffwood1673!

Back