safety on bikes-lights/reflective vests etc

It is rare that I see a bicycle with lights on bright enough to blind me and we have lots of bikes in Tucson

And just happy that I can see them, I don’t care if their lights are blinding me for a second, it’s just one light Or two, it’s not like having a car with highbeams pointing at you
yep. I ride in traffic at 20mph with rain sometimes I am not taking chances.

One thing to keep in mind is how the light is measured & the beam patern just because it says iT's a higher number doesn't alway's mean it. Sometimes comparing the lights directly is the way to go💡

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is how the light is measured & the beam patern just because it says iT's a higher number doesn't alway's mean it. Sometimes comparing the lights directly is the way to go💡
I agree
When choosing lighting it is more about Lux not necessarily Lumens

yep. I ride in traffic at 20mph with rain sometimes I am not taking chances.
Me too!
1577407698225.png

true but most good brands now its not going to be an issue like it used to be. I have had three lights in the last two or so years and the beam has been good on all three. my latest one is a lights and motion that the bike shop replaced the built in one with and it works great. at least on the road it does. my other one from garmin is fine too its a little brighter. two lights in front two in back now the lumos helmet and stealth reflectors on anything black.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
I think the yellow shows up better in that picture although the pink is pretty good but I live in the desert and things tend to be more yellowish out here, that picture looks like you’re up more against a dark background
Think that looks like a perfect combo right there for visibility

Back