RX (2021) Motor Hum?

@AHicks have you ever removed a Bafang motor from a bike? I got my new motor in and it is the correct one this time. I tried to install it back in the bike but it is next to impossible to get it to seat correctly with the wires. No matter what I do, I cannot get the motor to seat all the way down. I feel like it is one of those things that once you take it out of the box, you will never get it to fit back inside like it was.

This is the most detailed removal and re install I have found. While you are at it, perhaps check the grease in the motor, though this fellow uses far too much.

This is the most detailed removal and re install I have found. While you are at it, perhaps check the grease in the motor, though this fellow uses far too much.
Great video but it really skips the reinstall. He can move all the wires out of the way easily but there are two wires that go from front to back in the motor bay that you cannot move. I have tried probably 50 times now and its impossible. Doesn't matter how much the wires are moved or where they are, you can not line up all three holes. I can line up the back and middle holes but then the front hole is about 1/8" off. I can line up the front hole but then the other two are off about 1/16".

One more. I have had my motor out to grease and doing it upside down was the best assist.
Hope this helps more detail on installing

One more. I have had my motor out to grease and doing it upside down was the best assist.
Hope this helps more detail on installing

I have my bike upside down trying to put it in but nothing. I noticed in the video they put the back in first and then the front. Its not possible with the Rize bike. If you seat the back the front hits on the housing and wont go in. I have tried plugging in the wires first and then installing as well as leaving wires unplugged and installing but nothing. It is almost as if there is an issue with the motor and the housing. None of the wires seem to be preventing it from going in. There seems to be ample space for the wires. I can install it and literally lean on it and it wont seat and line up all three holes.

Do you still have your old motor? If so try and install and video/photo the difference in how the three holes align.
Beyond that I am at a loss as to why it won’t align with the frame mount holes.

I have NOT had mine out. As close as I've come is replacing the shift detector, which was enough trouble. That involved packing all those mashed wires back into place once I had completed my work in that area. Patience required for sure!

The 2 "wires" going front to rear, are those the rear brake line and shifting cables? With the bike upside down, would it help to tape or maybe wire tie those lines in place, where they need to go? I have the strangest idea they are only going to fit in one place to allow you to bolt up the motor.....

You KNOW it's possible to do this. Take whatever time you need to figure it out. Walk away from it and find something else to do for a while if necessary....

I got it. I guess you have to seat part of it and hammer in the bolts. Once you get one bolt hammered in, the next follows, and then the last. I guess I just figured it would all line up without force and a hammer but the Rize support engineer said no. Now I am having issues with my derailleur. I followed two videos to fix it and I think I have it in an "acceptable" place but may have to take it somewhere or have someone who is more familiar with bikes to help me.

I got it. I guess you have to seat part of it and hammer in the bolts. Once you get one bolt hammered in, the next follows, and then the last. I guess I just figured it would all line up without force and a hammer but the Rize support engineer said no. Now I am having issues with my derailleur. I followed two videos to fix it and I think I have it in an "acceptable" place but may have to take it somewhere or have someone who is more familiar with bikes to help me.
If the deraileur was good to go before the "surgery", I'd bet there's a good chance you pinched the cable on reassembly - possibly the reason you needed a hammer....

If the deraileur was good to go before the "surgery", I'd bet there's a good chance you pinched the cable on reassembly - possibly the reason you needed a hammer....
No, it was not great before the installation. I tried to fix it by watching some videos on YouTube and Rize Bike's website but may have made it worse. Think I got it back to where it was before but it is still not great.

Back