Rockstar owners

You moron. There is no date. It's a cell phone screen shot.
I rename you @MentalPatient
Forget the bet. I'll sue you for $100,000. Name and place to be served.
So you’re a conspiracy theorist now?
what difference does it make if there’s a date or not. You’re picking at straws here after being torn to shreds.
”there is no date”
”canbus isnt cracked so it can’t be modified”
”the torque is limited to 95nm”
“You don’t own a 620”

youre all over the place and a complete moron. Here’s your date anyway since your old and slow.

now you got 2 options here.
a) Either you find an escrow betting site where we (both parties) will agree on whats provided. You (likely) being proof that all sondors rockstar m620s are all stock and haven’t been limited and are near 170nm torque (will slightly vary with firmware versions). Price can be what you’re comfortable with (I got money), 100k usd is fine.

b) you’re gonna continue to weasel and nit-pic, possibly ignore, cause you’re an old coward thats getting served and ripped into.

this ain’t my first rodeo, I rip into morons and you’re gonna learn old coward. Thought you’re gonna throw names around and get away with it huh? Naw, ain’t happening

Attachments

• BEE8BBBC-1D64-4D3E-99A9-75CCA3408D1D.jpeg
    BEE8BBBC-1D64-4D3E-99A9-75CCA3408D1D.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 168
I take back what I said about the 120 nm's.i went back into the earlier posts
and found out they went down to 95 nm's.
sondors seems to be using “jargon measurements“ for legality purposes. I don’t know what display the LX has but the rockstar display is a dp c241. Once speed and pedal assist 9 is set it gives 100% current to the motor. i see the 95nm mentioned on the LX but 48v x 25amp controller is alot of wattage for a mid drive..the result will be higher than 95nm. Keep in mind they gotta try and stay legal on paper. Either way the rockstar firmware is stock bafang..it’s not changed at all (people have posted their dumps), including the Luna bike. Some are on older 14.3 firmware from bafang which has really bad pedal assist tuning

sondors seems to be using “jargon measurements“ for legality purposes. I don’t know what display the LX has but the rockstar display is a dp c241. Once speed and pedal assist 9 is set it gives 100% current to the motor. i see the 95nm mentioned on the LX but 48v x 25amp controller is alot of wattage for a mid drive..the result will be higher than 95nm. Keep in mind they gotta try and stay legal on paper. Either way the rockstar firmware is stock bafang..it’s not changed at all (people have posted their dumps), including the Luna bike. Some are on older 14.3 firmware from bafang which has really bad pedal assist tuning

That's interesting.
You can ask sondors if you want. But depending on the rep you get some will give different replies. Some will quickly go the legal bs route and read what they’re told. Others will say the rockstar isn’t set to 9 pas levels. when you end up with a higher up you’ll get told it’s not held back and indeed completely stock (that’s why its so punchy and not well calibrated)..cause bafang stock firmware is agressive.
so don’t worry, it’s not limited anywhere, it’s stock, non modified firmware that breaks chains and drive trains. It’s near 170nm (high 160s). (I checked myself the values are all stock), and that’s what the 750w ultra motor puts out. change the max speed tho it outputs more wattage (sondors won’t tell you this either since they don’t want liability, I guess they don’t want to replace drivetrains). I think they state 95nm (some reps state greater than or equal too 95nm, notice the vagueness) for the stock display settings, or an average..to lower the torque in the firmware it would be either through the amp setting (it’s stock), or the max current setting (its also stock). the bike peaks at high 160s nm. I can’t even see how they would limit the torque when it’s advertised peak wattage is the stock m620 wattage (around 1200watts). If the amperage was limited to give lower torque the wattage wouldn’t go that high, so it would be false advertising..anyway if you’re still concerned get a higher up tech youll be told it’s all stock. Not limited, and peak torque near 170nm as advertised by the motor.

It would be moronic of them to put a m620 and limit it without stating it anywhere. Also this specific bikes slogan is “all torque, all terrain, all day”..would be bad press to actually have It peak 95nm

Last edited:
I asked around where the 95nm number is coming from. It’s the average torque for the 750w m620. it peaks at 169nm. Not sure what “average” means, since theres different displays with different defaults

Last edited:
I had a situation today with the Rockstar motor turning off while pedaling and using the throttle on and off. The motor was under some strain, but not too much, and I was using lower gears. Battery was around 50%. I have not charged the battery in about a month. Was riding on and off over the month. This happened about 3 times today. I was wondering if this has happened to others this often? I have heard of this happening to others over the 10 months I've owned it, in addition to this happening to me a couple of other times over the 10 months.
Thanks for any information you might share on this.

Mine was doing the same thing [only worse] I would contact Sonders, they sent me a new display and that was a big improvement but occasionally I still have a shut down.

I had a situation today with the Rockstar motor turning off while pedaling and using the throttle on and off. The motor was under some strain, but not too much, and I was using lower gears. Battery was around 50%. I have not charged the battery in about a month. Was riding on and off over the month. This happened about 3 times today. I was wondering if this has happened to others this often? I have heard of this happening to others over the 10 months I've owned it, in addition to this happening to me a couple of other times over the 10 months.
Thanks for any information you might share on this.
If the throttle isn't all the way up the pedal assist will not work.

Update on the Rockstar motor turning off. It did it about 10 times today. Today, when it went off most of the time I could just turn the display back on and the motor would work. At least one time it turned off and I had to turn the main motor switch off and back on. Chrirad mentioned the display could be the culpret, and I agree. I have an appointment to talk to Sondors Support tomorrow. Will update after that. I am thinking a new display may resolve the problem.

Update on Rockstar motor issue. Had a good phone meeting today with Sondors Support (Grant Galas) explaining my issue. Did some checking of the battery, and looked at display error codes. There were no obvious display issues found, but Grant decided to send me a new display that we hope will resolve the issue. Thanks to all for your feed back on this.

Hello All,
I thought that an e-bike would work for me. However, due to a hip injury resulting in sever arthritis, I am thinking about selling my Rock Star 😣. My Rock Star is in mint condition with only 27 miles on it... any suggestions…?
Dave

Attachments

• 57C7332E-7432-466F-8690-15E771FED826.jpeg
    57C7332E-7432-466F-8690-15E771FED826.jpeg
    816.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 1303968B-F283-4A24-B66A-3A8C65EC7A2C.jpeg
    1303968B-F283-4A24-B66A-3A8C65EC7A2C.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 177
Hello All,
I thought that an e-bike would work for me. However, due to a hip injury resulting in sever arthritis, I am thinking about selling my Rock Star 😣. My Rock Star is in mint condition with only 27 miles on it... any suggestions…?
Dave
Where are you located and how much do you want?

Back