Rockstar owners

The front shock has this , (seems welded,) metal cylinder where the front wheel rod should go in. Not shown in the assembly video....No way to get the front wheel on that I see? Need to get with support on this I think unless someone has a quick answer..ugh..
379f7bec-aa13-4841-bcbb-c8526c73a05b-jpeg.101790

Rockstar (ordered April 4) arrived yesterday. It took less than an hour to assemble, despite the fact that it came with absolutely no instructions. The bike is very well made. The quality of the tools it came with is very impressive, not just the usual stamped out junk.

This beast is heavy!! The first thing I am going to buy for it is a kickstand because it is VERY prone to tip overs because of its weight.

The second purchase will be this Thule rack which will work with the rear suspension. This is the only rack I have been able to find that isn't attached to either the main frame or the seat post.

The next thing I will buy is a more powerful charger. The one that came with the bike is SLOW.

Beware! I was about to throw out the mammoth box the bike came in when I discovered several small parts for the dropper seatpost that had fallen out of the parts bags that had become lodged and hidden within the folds of the box. Do yourselves a favor and cut both ends of the box open before discarding it to avoid throwing out parts.

The next thing I will buy is a more powerful charger. The one that came with the bike is SLOW.
Whats the amperage on the charger? And what does the charge plug look like? If its a pin plug, then 3a is the max that is safe. The charger you have is 2 amps if its typical.

It just seems slow cuz the battery is so big I bet. 21ah is more than most people who buy storebought bikes are used to.

I jumped ship on fan-required chargers years ago. There's a better way:

Rockstar (ordered April 4) arrived yesterday. It took less than an hour to assemble, despite the fact that it came with absolutely no instructions. The bike is very well made. The quality of the tools it came with is very impressive, not just the usual stamped out junk.

This beast is heavy!! The first thing I am going to buy for it is a kickstand because it is VERY prone to tip overs because of its weight.

The second purchase will be this Thule rack which will work with the rear suspension. This is the only rack I have been able to find that isn't attached to either the main frame or the seat post.

Beware! I was about to throw out the mammoth box the bike came in when I discovered several small parts for the dropper seatpost that had fallen out of the parts bags that had become lodged and hidden within the folds of the box. Do yourselves a favor and cut both ends of the box open before discarding it to avoid throwing out parts.
The Rockstar is a well made product for what it is. A tetra rack is also a straight bolt on and is meant to be used with a trunk bag that slides on and off effortlessly.

I was able to test the range of my Rockstar on a single charge. Turns out I got about 50 miles on a charge with about 12% remaining. Mostly paved trails with a little single track at a state park. Used throttle often, used pedal assist ~ 1-3 on and off. Trails were up and down. With battery drain down around 20% the throttle did not work near as strongly but the pedal assist 1-5 seemed to be about the same.
Also, a little note about fenders. I found these yellow and black fenders on Amazon for $5.11. My expectations were low of course, but I was surprised at how well made they were and how they looked. Did some trimming on the front fender and it turned out good. Picture:

Link to the fenders:

I ordered two Black Rockstar bikes, and waited about 6 months, they have finally delivered to my door today! The bike is 90% assembled, just put on a front wheel, seat, display unit and pedals - about a 30 minutes job. I was very surprised that both bikes are very well-tuned out of the box. Brakes, gear/shift, and everything else worked perfectly. Battery was charged to 70% out of the box and the tires were at 15 psi. Kudos to Sondors for such an awesome bike with a great price!

Last edited:
I ordered two Black Rockstar bikes, and waited about 6 months, they have finally delivered to my door today! The bike is 90% assembled, just put on a front wheel, seat, display unit and pedals - about a 30 minutes job. I was very surprised that both bikes are very well-tuned out of the box. Brakes, gear/shift, and everything else worked perfectly. Battery was charged to 70% out of the box and the tires were at 15 psi. Kudos to Sondors for such an awesome bike with a great price!
Awesome and Slayer rules btw…

Anybody have a link for a longer kick stand for the Rockstar. I moved one over from another bike and found that, even it in its most extended position, it was still way too short and the bike leans way far too far over. Local bike shops are hopeless. I found this one on Aliexpress such as this but can't decide if it is long enough.

Here is my Rockstar. I have not made any changes/additions except for a kickstand. Although, I expect be going with Bontrager E6 Hard Case Lite 2.4 road tires, fenders, and a new gel seat (a must lhave for me).
I have not had time to do much riding, but I absolutely concur; this bike is a “beast.”

Attachments

• 649038C4-C2F7-4F8F-B291-324A197DF8B8.png
    649038C4-C2F7-4F8F-B291-324A197DF8B8.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Here is my Rockstar. I have not made any changes/additions except for a kickstand. Although, I expect be going with Bontrager E6 Hard Case Lite 2.4 road tires, fenders, and a new gel seat (a must have for me).
I have not had time to do much ridding, but I absolutely concur; this bike is a “beast.”
Dave. I'm glad that you finally got a Rockstar.

Back