Rockstar owners

I’m supposed to get my Rock Star mid August. But, I have not heard anything lately.
Been waiting 6 months so far.

My delivery date was twice delayed, but after the second time I was given regular shipping estimates that were pretty accurate. I would have to guess that when that happened the shipment was on a cargo ship on its way.

Are Rockstars set at1152watts peak? if yes can this be changed?
That is supposed to be the maximum allowable wattage that Sondors will
Let us have on the Ultra mid drive motor.
I think it's a smart move, could you
just imagine how many gears, motors, chains and sprockets
would need to be replaced if it had full power capabilities. Who would want to buy one if there were so many people badmouthing a product that couldn't
Even handle normal wear and tear from
Daily use.

That is supposed to be the maximum allowable wattage that Sondors will
Let us have on the Ultra mid drive motor.
I think it's a smart move, could you
just imagine how many gears, motors, chains and sprockets
would need to be replaced if it had full power capabilities. Who would want to buy one if there were so many people badmouthing a product that couldn't
Even handle normal wear and tear from
Daily use.
I honestly never really thought about Sonders's motives but yeah your right, probably a very smart decision that will save them lots of time and money!

I've mentioned here before that Simple Pleasures video on YouTube said he found no grease in a RS headset when he did a shock replacement.

I just had my MXS gone over at a LBS and they found same thing on it, dry bearings.

Just a heads up for anyone that likes to catch possible issues early.

I just got an email telling me my Rockstar was ready, but delivery has bee delayed another month. I.e. mid September. It said issues with Container Ships were causing problems. I have seen words on the news related to this.

I just got an email telling me my Rockstar was ready, but delivery has bee delayed another month.
Thank you for sharing this. I've got an LX on order for September delivery and will adjust my expectations accordingly.

I just got an email telling me my Rockstar was ready, but delivery has bee delayed another month. I.e. mid September. It said issues with Container Ships were causing problems. I have seen words on the news related to this.
I still think they could have mentioned this before now instead of us having to hear news about containers and ports and ships situations from various other sources over the past several months. Its not like they were completely clueless.

I ride my bike near port of LA and I’ve been seeing 30-40 cargo ships lined clear down to Huntington Beach, the pandemic, truck driver shortage, and other nonsense has caused a global delay in the movement of goods and services. Bike parts, car parts, $80 sheets of plywood, $4.74 for gas, the fed printing 40% of all money ever printed, 60,000 F-150’s sitting in a lot waiting on chips, everything I mean everything is delayed or unpredictable. I hope you get your bike soon!

I ride my bike near port of LA and I’ve been seeing 30-40 cargo ships lined clear down to Huntington Beach
That validates what I've read elsewhere and posted in the LX thread:

That validates what I've read elsewhere and posted in the LX thread:

One of the Ariel Rider owners discusses what the issue is in detail, Rockstar are not lying thats for sure.

New shock installed today (didn’t ride it yet)
Shout out to Lightning123, and Simple Pleasures MTB, on YouTube for the point in the right direction: Also Rockshox Lyric (2021) ordered today from Jensen $750, stay tuned!
View attachment 93393View attachment 93394View attachment 93395
I can't figure out how to remove the mid shock from the Rockstar, I took out the 4 Allen bolts and don't know how to disassemble it after that. I would appreciate some advice.

Lightning

Take the 2 short bolts off one side and screw them back in, part way but still sticking out of the hole like a loose screw. Gently tap the loose screw so that the other long allen bolt can be slightly driven out on the other side of the bike. The four screws are sets of two each, a long one and short one, you have to drive out the long one because once the short side is removed turning it won't do anything but spin, but spinning and driving with light taps will push the long side all the way out. It might help to lift the bike and take weight off the bolts to help it slide out easier. Might help to "pull it out" with pliers, spraying WD-40 but they are about 3" in legth or so, just be careful not to mess up the metal using pliers. I hope this helps, and lets see the new addition!

The silver shock mount spacers just slide out with a little force, remove the two black spacer plastic pieces first pay attention to what went where and be prepared to reuse what came off originally they fit the bike as is, you are just adding a different shock. They get pushed back into your new shock you can do it with firm force but use your hands to get it started back in. Hitting it might tap the plastic bearing out so don't hit it in. The longer parts go on the bottom of the shock but take a pic to make sure you put it together right, if you don't you will notice it and will have to correct it before it can go back in.

Last edited:
I just installed a new kickstand that works really well. The bolts came loose after one ride so I put some blue threadlocker on it.

Attachments

• 20210804_185238.jpg
    20210804_185238.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 166
Happy to reciprocate the help you gave me Lightning. I made a new video to add to the Sondors Vs. collection. Here it is !

I made a video to showcase the Rockstar crossing streams, creeks and cricks. I broke my bike. Check it out:

Back