Rockstar owners

I am a new member of the forum but have been following the forum for several months. Good information here on what to expect from the new Rockstar. I hope to get my new Rockstar next month (I ordered in Jan this year). At this point I am interested in the range of the Rockstar. I am hoping the range is around 40 miles or better when using a lot of pedal assist but also using the throttle seriously at times. There are some places I've been on a Dual Sport motor cycle, in Colorado and Utah, that I would like to go using the Rockstar. Given your overall experience with your Rockstar, do you think a 40 mile range is a reasonable expectation when using high settings for pedal assist and also using the throttle for serious climbs? Thanks for any feedback....
Congrats on the order, I am sure you will like it. I am able to easily get 25 mile range for heavy off-road use. This is steep hill climbs, and me doing lots of pedaling to help it get up hills. I also ride fast, I also weigh 220 lbs. It doesn't happen often but when the battery is low say 20% or less it feels like it slows down drastically. I've never taken it all the way to 0. The few times I have been under 20% the motor was barely helping me, but I was able to make it back with a little more effort. It might be different for you, your riding style, your weight, and your battery will be brand new, but I am not comfortable saying it can go 40 miles on a charge for me and my situation. I am going to pay attention to my range and riding environment and I will give more feedback and exact numbers in the near future. I'll report back.

The stand I made is for maintenance, like lubing the chain, removal of rear tires and more.
I see, the one I bought broke off like a toothpick when I exerted some extra pressure on it. I'm looking for a stronger one in the meantime I've got it splinted up and it still works.

Thanks for the response regarding your 25 mile range. Actually, one place in Colorado from Silverton CO. to Cinnamon Pass CO. is a 30 mile round trip. Sounds like I could make that from what you said. Note, there is some serious down hill from Cinnamon Pass back to Silverton which would only require brakes...:). It is much easier to travel with a 83 lb. eBIKE that with a 330 lb. Dual Sport Motor Cycle. I saw some time back where Lightning was transporting his Rockstar using a pickup truck, which I also plan to do.

The stand I made is for maintenance, like lubing the chain, removal of rear tires and more.
I would say that 40 miles is possible depending on all of the variable factors such as amount of hill climbing, power level settings, throttle usage, and the
overall weight being pushed. Also something that I have found out is that riding around in high gear at full power will cause the motor to get warm so you should keep that in mind and use the gears more often to put less strain on the motor. I will tell you this, there's nothing more fun than doing 35 mph going slightly down hill with throttle only.

I have a rockstar on order and I hope it gets here by October...

I have been riding a Wallke X3 Pro for about 9 months pretty seriously and as I kept buying upgraded parts I realized the Rockstar was basically the bike I was trying to build! Out of the box it just seems to offer everything my 50 year old frame can handle. Would I love a $6000 Tazer? Sure but I dont have the money, technique or the fitness to have such a bike. I have LOVED my Wallke but the good bones with really inferior parts have me on the ground or in the shop too much... I hope (and think) the Rockstar is the incremental upgrade in all kinds of ways that let me hit the trails with a little more confidence and... speed!

Can't wait but I have to...

I have a rockstar on order and I hope it gets here by October...

I have been riding a Wallke X3 Pro for about 9 months pretty seriously and as I kept buying upgraded parts I realized the Rockstar was basically the bike I was trying to build! Out of the box it just seems to offer everything my 50 year old frame can handle. Would I love a $6000 Tazer? Sure but I dont have the money, technique or the fitness to have such a bike. I have LOVED my Wallke but the good bones with really inferior parts have me on the ground or in the shop too much... I hope (and think) the Rockstar is the incremental upgrade in all kinds of ways that let me hit the trails with a little more confidence and... speed!

Can't wait but I have to...
Oscar
I’m with you man! After I built my first Bafang conversion bike, I also looked at my next eBike like I want bang and I want buck. SR is $2900 let’s call it $3k. You can’t get a (decent) frame and motor for $3k. Bafang HD and battery is gonna be $1500 if your lucky. Add the best used bike you can find at $1500 at you’re at $3k. That bike vs Sondors Rockstar would be tough to beat. I put a new rear shock on mine today so I’m extra.

New shock installed today (didn’t ride it yet)
Shout out to Lightning123, and Simple Pleasures MTB, on YouTube for the point in the right direction: Also Rockshox Lyric (2021) ordered today from Jensen $750, stay tuned!
3DC5C8E1-E52C-47DA-81A6-E9CFD76B42E6.jpeg
0090DB43-6D9D-4141-BDAA-522EE590C86B.jpeg
B5A27AA0-611D-4824-9898-CAE8904376AF.jpeg

Thanks for the update on your new suspension. Look forward to how the new items perform for you and Lightning when he upgrades. Since the initial Rockstar price is very reasonable I would consider upgrading the suspension if the difference is significant. Thanks for sharing and running interference for us future Rockstar owners...Also, I like the stand you built. Will probably build one.

r.lee, great timing! I did try the DNM shock recommended by Simple Pleasures and I test rode it that day, I was really disappointed in that shock, DNM Burner as recommended came with a 550lb. spring and so I sent it off some sweet jumps and there was marked improvement vs. the stock DNM air shock but upon landing it still sounds like a car accident and bottomed out, I played with the settings and all adjustments but I was convinced 550lbs spring is too light for me (220 lbs. plus a 80+lb bike) So I searched and found another DNM shock that came with a 750lb. spring, but lacked the adjustability of the Burner. I planned on swapping the springs but it is a different diameter! So this is what I am running now in the photo below: today I did the same sweet jumps and the new bigger spring soaked it up real nice! No car accident sounds and no bottoming out. So I to assume that Simple Pleasures buddy that owns that bike is in a different weight class than me, I needed a bigger spring. PS I love the Rockshox Lyric, I had to put 4 tokens in but damn that’s a plush fork!
CF918AEC-E28C-46E4-B0B4-F8BAB33B0807.jpeg

Thanks for the update on the rear DNM and the new Lyrik... When you have time could you share the exact specifications on the DNM you settled on? I'm about 200lbs so should be about right for me. Thanks again for the update.

If Sondors didn't have a track record I would be getting nervous.

I have no idea when I might receive my [PAID FOR] batch 2 Rockstar.

We were told we would be receiving weekly updates/info on our undelivered bikes
but even that seems to much to ask for?

Come on Sondors get your [stuff together] communicate!
You have to understand they are a company that uses your money to finance their costs. They do the preorder thing so they don’t have to use their money

Bafang Boy, I Was just wondering if the new DNM rear shock you purchased was recommended by a Simple Pleasures video or maybe some other source?
The shock with the 750lb. spring is the DNM DV22AR holding up awesome, I’ve been sending the bike to make sure, I’m sure! I’m a little worried about reports of the body breaking so I am still seeking something I can trust. Key measures are 200mm length and 750lb minimum spring rate.

That's good information to know about the shock, upgrading the suspension is on my short list. I decided to go ahead and replace my stock chain. To be sure I was putting alot of extra stress on it. I ended up getting an E 11 chain. I think that it's way better quality and should last longer than 400 miles that I put on the original one.

Back