Rockstar owners

This whole thing bugged me so I reached out to Sondors here are their answers.
"the mid drives can be "tuned" thru the LCD for greater potential" and beyond that "we can't get into it here" and "The controller amps are the controller amps, so 25"
finally "The LCD is where you have additional program options"

I stand by my previous comments in the post I made earlier, once you unlock the LCD with the password and adjust things you will be pulling much more than just 95nm and 750 Watts.
I want to say I don't blame Sondors they want to sell as many Ebikes as they can, and these archaic Ebike wattage rules are making them use fuzzy math to go around them.

I wonder if the password is the same as for my Sondors or different.
Anybody that has a new Sondors can you post the factory password for the LCD, I don't think they give it to you, you have to figure it out, I had to search on the internet for mine.
They are all the same for each model. There might even be an option for controller amps on the DPC-18. I think the new factory number is 28amps, I read somewhere they reduced it from 30.
Anybody with any elite Sondors could let us know.

Last edited:
It could be as simple as increasing the max. speed in the LCD ( EBR LX review) . Is it possible that increasing max. speed automatically increase the max. watts and torque available ? It is possible that the bike need a lot more Amp. to reach 35 mph.

This whole thing bugged me so I reached out to Sondors here are their answers.
"the mid drives can be "tuned" thru the LCD for greater potential" and beyond that "we can't get into it here" and "The controller amps are the controller amps, so 25"
finally "The LCD is where you have additional program options"

I stand by my previous comments in the post I made earlier, once you unlock the LCD with the password and adjust things you will be pulling much more than just 95nm and 750 Watts.
I want to say I don't blame Sondors they want to sell as many Ebikes as they can, and these archaic Ebike wattage rules are making them use fuzzy math to go around them.

I wonder if the password is the same as for my Sondors or different.
Anybody that has a new Sondors can you post the factory password for the LCD, I don't think they give it to you, you have to figure it out, I had to search on the internet for mine.
They are all the same for each model. There might even be an option for controller amps on the DPC-18. I think the new factory number is 28amps, I read somewhere they reduced it from 30.
Anybody with any elite Sondors could let us know.
There is a how to adjust the settings for the LX on YouTube, it looks pretty simple to do, it should be the same for the Rockstar.

It could be as simple as increasing the max. speed in the LCD ( EBR LX review) . Is it possible that increasing max. speed automatically increase the max. watts and torque available ? It is possible that the bike need a lot more Amp. to reach 35 mph.
When researching which bike to buy, I a video of somebody changing the max speed on their Bafang-driven bike (I'm pretty sure it was the same G510/M620 motor) and it changed the display to indicate 1500W instead of 750W. The difference was seen in the circular wattage gauge in the center which displayed watts where these Sondors bikes seem to display speed. I recognize that it didn't explicitly indicate that the power output was changed but it did change the max wattage on the display, so at least the scale of that gauge was adjusted. I looked around a bit and unfortunately couldn't locate that video again.

When researching which bike to buy, I a video of somebody changing the max speed on their Bafang-driven bike (I'm pretty sure it was the same G510/M620 motor) and it changed the display to indicate 1500W instead of 750W. The difference was seen in the circular wattage gauge in the center which displayed watts where these Sondors bikes seem to display speed. I recognize that it didn't explicitly indicate that the power output was changed but it did change the max wattage on the display, so at least the scale of that gauge was adjusted. I looked around a bit and unfortunately couldn't locate that video again.
Best news so far 🥳

The display is different for the Rockstar it’s not a DPC-18, and that smaller display by it’s nature has less options. So maybe what I posted would only apply to the LX and the Cruiser. Somebody who owns one should let everybody know.

Best news so far 🥳
What about a belt drive with 130Nm that shifts automatically and the gears and motor are in one unit? What if it gave you an extra boost anytime you want it, but the throttle is in the pedals?

The display is different for the Rockstar it’s not a DPC-18, and that smaller display by it’s nature has less options. So maybe what I posted would only apply to the LX and the Cruiser. Somebody who owns one should let everybody know.
Ebikes USA just got two Rockstar's and put them together. They talked about how the display can be unlocked.

I went up on their website and didn't see any mention of Sondors bikes for sale. Do you know why they pull them in if not for sale?

(I saw their nice video.)

I assume you saw the two additional videos put up that relate to the slate rockstar with a chain break and the yellow one.

They are still taking orders. There are new videos on YouTube that started coming out a couple of days ago of first impressions.

That's an answer to a different question my friend. I ordered one a month ago.

I just like to understand how some things work.

Back