Rip Current Woes

cb5x

I posted this on the Juiced facebook page 2 days ago and somebody suggested I post it on here. For the record, I have received some promises of tech support and one email from tech support since (asking for pictures) and then nothing. I'm very disappointed in the support I'm receiving from Juiced. See review below.

Waited forever for the RipCurrent S. Put it together and it worked fine for a couple of days. Then a few days in, it started developing a creaking noise in the rear sprocket area. A week or so later, the motor would no longer engage while peddling.
Trying to get support is a painful process to say the least. I first tried calling them. Left a voicemail. Crickets!
So I put a ticket in on their web site. Crickets! I called again but this time I opt for sales, because that is the only line that will ever pick up. Sales then bumped my ticket with tech support and I got a few emails asking questions which I promptly answer and then...., you guessed it, crickets!
I want to like this company, but I can't. They have to at least make nominal effort to support what they sell. Right now I have a $2000 piece of junk in my garage with no end in sight for how to get it fixed.
Juiced, if you read this, please respond to my tickets. SU00019598 and SU00018428.

I hope this gets resolved soon.

If I were Tora Harris, I'd make customer service my top priority right now. The best products in the world won't sustain a company that can't service them when needed. With distribution on its way to being solved - that may have been the top complaint this Spring - customer service seems like the biggest roadblock Juiced has to real, lasting success.

I posted this on the Juiced facebook page 2 days ago and somebody suggested I post it on here. For the record, I have received some promises of tech support and one email from tech support since (asking for pictures) and then nothing. I'm very disappointed in the support I'm receiving from
I want to like this company, but I can't. They have to at least make nominal effort to support what they sell. Right now I have a $2000 piece of junk in my garage with no end in sight for how to get it fixed.
Juiced, if you read this, please respond to my tickets. SU00019598 and SU00018428.

Looking at the support ticket numbering, I presume they are sequential. So, in a matter of a few days, Juiced had 1170 new tickets to deal with? Hmmm.

If you've tried the normal support routes and get no answer I would recommend opening up a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Juiced Bikes home city. BBB already has JB listed, and I noticed that someone filed a complaint with BBB awhile back and it got a quick response from Juiced Bikes. Firm believer in the squeaky wheel method when merchants don't respond.

If you've tried the normal support routes and get no answer I would recommend opening up a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Juiced Bikes home city. BBB already has JB listed, and I noticed that someone filed a complaint with BBB awhile back and it got a quick response from Juiced Bikes. Firm believer in the squeaky wheel method when merchants don't respond.

Yeah, I guess I might have to resort to that. I was hopeful when I got a facebook message, presumably from someone at Juiced, the night I posted this on their Facebook page. But that message was just followed up by more silence. Very disappointing.

Looking at the support ticket numbering, I presume they are sequential. So, in a matter of a few days, Juiced had 1170 new tickets to deal with? Hmmm.

Well, it was more than a few days between filing the tickets. I filed the original ticket on June 7th and filed the 2nd ticket on June 24th. I waited to file the second ticket thinking that I had a ticket already open and that they would be getting to me soon anyway. When that didn't happen, I filed the second ticket.

cb5x, be sure to check your Spam email box; it sounds odd to not hear from them in over 2 weeks. I have run into issues with my mail server blocking emails from companies I do business with regularly and even with one of my brothers.

Also, Juiced Bikes has a US telephone #, 888-303-8889, be sure and have your 2 ticket numbers on hand. When I called a while back to inquire about a JB issue, someone answered immediately.

I have an update. Juiced got back to me about the motor engaging problem and gave me some procedures to follow and I actually got that working. I still have no resolution to the loud creaking noise each time I pedal, but I'm thankful for the help they did give me. I'm hoping they work through this other issue with me.

Well, it was more than a few days between filing the tickets. I filed the original ticket on June 7th and filed the 2nd ticket on June 24th. I waited to file the second ticket thinking that I had a ticket already open and that they would be getting to me soon anyway. When that didn't happen, I filed the second ticket.
That's an average of 70 new support tickets every day. With that volume, can understand how they could be overwhelmed with warranty/service claims.

That's an average of 70 new support tickets every day. With that volume, can understand how they could be overwhelmed with warranty/service claims.

Yeah, if they are assigning number sequentially, which you're guessing at. But I get your point. If they truly are getting 70 a day, then the QA process needs to be beefed up so they don't send out so many bikes with problems.

In the same boat here. I sent them an email about my bike having battery issues, and it took three days to respond. Their last email to me was last Thursday, and I’ve sent them a few follow up emails with zero response. Going on a week with no reply to my battery issue. It sounds like they’re having QC issues with only one person in customer support.

There is nothing more demoralizing than to have a Juiced Bike under warranty that is not working, through no fault of your own.

We know Juiced means well. We know the price is lower for the value received than any other well spec'd ebike. We know they are not crooks. We know they are not competent to provide timely warranty service in all cases. We go into the purchase knowing these things in advance. Yet it remains demoralizing to have a virtually new bike that is broken and no repair parts in sight.

But when it works, the product is a wiz. Magic, that is. It is good.

Youse pays your money and youse makes your choice.

Grumbling is still perfectly OK. Grumbling over the slights helps get the Juiced owner attention deserved.

Thank goodness for the internet! My CCS was down for three weeks with what turned out to be a bad display.

Yes, you can eat it, too....

Last edited:
Just to close the loop on this, Juiced did get back to me finally and offered to pay for an inspection from a local bike shop for the creaking noise coming from the rear sprocket. If the local bike shop can't fix it they are offering to send me a new rear wheel assembly. Thank you Luis.

I like this company and I want to see them succeed and I believe they are trying to get their service problems fixed. Growing pains...

Juiced finally responded to me a week later after several emails asking for an update. They said they’d send me a new battery and socket, but have gone silent again. I don’t know if I’ll get a new battery next week or it’ll take longer since their communication back has been pretty sporadic.

Just to close the loop on this, Juiced did get back to me finally and offered to pay for an inspection from a local bike shop for the creaking noise coming from the rear sprocket. If the local bike shop can't fix it they are offering to send me a new rear wheel assembly. Thank you Luis.

I like this company and I want to see them succeed and I believe they are trying to get their service problems fixed. Growing pains...

Good to see you have faith in their efforts to get their service problems fixed. One thing any company could do to confirm their customer's are right to have that faith would be publish their reliability & service metrics such as ticket counts, days to close tickets, part failures rates, etc.

Nothing is stopping companies from publishing through a dashboard on their website their service metrics, failure / reliability metrics, etc. This could be a way to demonstrate their commitment to customer service quality and success improving their service and their products.

Back