Rip Current S - owner problems & solutions

Glenn-rod

Thought I would start a reference post on the problems & solutions found with the Rip Current S.
This owner noted a hub noise, maybe someone has already dealt with it?

My guess is a loose spoke. Try pinching them together in pairs near where they cross. If it one is rubbing and moving against another you might even be able to recreate the noise by moving them against each other. I had a bike years ago that made a very similar sound and after tearing my hair out found I had one spoke that was much looser than the others. I tightened it up to where it felt like the others and the noise went away. If there is uneven tension on multiple spokes I'd definitely take it to a bike shop to be trued.

I ordered mine 2 weeks after you. I’m in the same situation. I did receive an email last week explaining that the larger battery packs were in transit and were due to show up in San Diego on May 14th (yesterday). I’m not sure what has to be done once the batteries arrive, but I can imagine there’s some QC, charging, and possibly some programming. But if the bikes have been delivered already, I would hope they have been able to assemble and fine tune everything but the electronics. Maybe be I’m just naive, but I’m starting to get my hopes up again. If I don’t start hearing of this batch shipping soon- or a good justification from Juiced as to why they aren’t- I’m going to be pretty upset. As I’ve said here before, I don’t mind waiting, but I do mind being mislead.

My plan is to ride the RCC for fun and experience. If I want something different, I can order it later and still ride until it arrives. Then sell my RCC. It seems the market is good and I would take no more loss on the sale than the value of enjoyment recieved.

Offering the RCC with no waiting has its value. I am sure you will be able to offload it quickly at or near the price you paid (keep it looking new ;)). If you were in a different LA, I might make an offer.

I ordered mine 2 weeks after you. I’m in the same situation. I did receive an email last week explaining that the larger battery packs were in transit and were due to show up in San Diego on May 14th (yesterday). I’m not sure what has to be done once the batteries arrive, but I can imagine there’s some QC, charging, and possibly some programming. But if the bikes have been delivered already, I would hope they have been able to assemble and fine tune everything but the electronics. Maybe be I’m just naive, but I’m starting to get my hopes up again. If I don’t start hearing of this batch shipping soon- or a good justification from Juiced as to why they aren’t- I’m going to be pretty upset. As I’ve said here before, I don’t mind waiting, but I do mind being mislead.

I agree.
Juiced is still taking online orders for the larger extended batteries! I thought the whole backorder problem of shipping bikes to customers was caused by the lack of batteries!! What’s really going on Juiced Bikes ?

I agree.
Juiced is still taking online orders for the larger extended batteries! I thought the whole backorder problem of shipping bikes to customers was caused by the lack of batteries!! What’s really going on Juiced Bikes ?

Nope, showing sold out. The 12.8Ah slim style is on "pre-order" and so is my bike that uses it (which contradicts some posts that blame the larger "custom" battery for bike pre-orders)

Last edited:
Back