Riide or BH easygo racer?

Egbert

Trying to decide between Riide or the easygo racer. I live in NYC and looking for a commuter bike, ideally under $2k. I like the Easygo Racer but it doesn't have a throttle. I like the Riide but no LCD, gears, and difficult to remove the battery.

Any similar options that i'm missing? Thoughts on these two options? All recommendations much appreciated.

I don't think it's too difficult to remove the battery on the Riide bike. There are a couple of screws under the downtube that give you access to the battery and controler. I like the Riide bike, but i agree that not having gears/lcd and a 350? watt motor wouldn't pull me. But if your light, I'd go test them both out. That's the only 100% sure way to know which bike is for you.

Trying to decide between Riide or the easygo racer. I live in NYC and looking for a commuter bike, ideally under $2k. I like the Easygo Racer but it doesn't have a throttle. I like the Riide but no LCD, gears, and difficult to remove the battery.

Any similar options that i'm missing? Thoughts on these two options? All recommendations much appreciated.

Keep in mind that throttles are illegal in NYC. Also, both of these bikes are really low-end. They might work out just fine for you, however, if you end up using them more often or for longer trips, you might regret going low-end. One option that I suggest is calling Crazy Lenny's Ebikes and seeing what they've got in stock that's within your budget. Their shop often offers more competitive prices than local dealers, so you might be able to get a better bike with a longer range or better components for the same amount you were going to spend on a Riide or EasyGo Racer. Keep in mind, though, that you'd have to put the front wheel on yourself, as Crazy Lenny's ships the bikes to your door, so they're not fully assembled like those that you'd get from a local shop.

Keep in mind that throttles are illegal in NYC. Also, both of these bikes are really low-end. They might work out just fine for you, however, if you end up using them more often or for longer trips, you might regret going low-end. One option that I suggest is calling Crazy Lenny's Ebikes and seeing what they've got in stock that's within your budget. Their shop often offers more competitive prices than local dealers, so you might be able to get a better bike with a longer range or better components for the same amount you were going to spend on a Riide or EasyGo Racer. Keep in mind, though, that you'd have to put the front wheel on yourself, as Crazy Lenny's ships the bikes to your door, so they're not fully assembled like those that you'd get from a local shop.
+1

Back