Riese & Müller Charger 4

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18083

Riese & Müller Charger 4…

From the video presentation:
  • Hardtail ebike with front suspension.
  • Sporty seating position (but not excessive).
  • Long, wide fenders.
  • Clean 'visuals' for a good-looking ebike.
  • Available in different configurations.
  • Charger 3 continues.
  • Supercharger continues.

Last edited by a moderator:

• Long, wide fenders.
  • Charger 3 continues
  • Super Charger continues
Charger 3 and Supercharger continues "for now".

Last edited:

• Long, wide fenders.
  • Charger 3 continues
  • Super Charger continues
Not bad. These bikes are like pack mules. They can carry the mail all day. I would want my next one to have a twin 750 option (to dispense with carrying three 500 powerpacks which I normally do now ) and with the comfort handlebars , knobby tires etc. I would also want a top quality 160 mm air shock. The Aion on my Charger is toast now ....it didn't make it to 40,000 km. These bikes are heavy and they need heavy duty components, so I would want the MT5 brake option too. And it needs a through axle on both wheels, not just the front like on mine. I am glad to see they have changed the rack design. Mine broke twice. All the upgrades add up and before you know it you could have bought a new car for less. (-:

Last edited:
Not bad. These bikes are like pack mules. They can carry the mail all day. I would want my next one to have a twin 750 option (to dispense with carrying three 500 powerpacks which I normally do now ) and with the comfort handlebars , knobby tires etc. I would also want a top quality 160 mm air shock. The Aion on my Charger is toast now ....it didn't make it to 40,000 km. These bikes are heavy and they need heavy duty components, so I would want the MT5 brake option too. All the upgrades add up and before you know it you could have bought a new car for less. (-:
Yes, 1,500 Wh would be quite something on a Supercharger X.

I appreciate how forthcoming they are in the video. Smart system seems way too underbaked.

Does anyone know if you can swap out smart-system batteries at will? I could see them being shitty and making you register batteries at a dealer.

I appreciate how forthcoming they are in the video. Smart system seems way too underbaked.

Does anyone know if you can swap out smart-system batteries at will? I could see them being shitty and making you register batteries at a dealer.
The 750wh are removable like the 500/625wh. We've not heard anything about registering 750s.

Does anyone know if you can swap out smart-system batteries at will?
I have three Bosch-powered ebikes:
  • 2017 Trek Powerfly 4
    • 1 x 500 Wh PowerPack
  • 2019 R&M Homage Rohloff
    • 1 x 500 Wh PowerTube
    • 1 x 500 Wh PowerPack
  • 2021 R& Homage Touring
    • 2 x 625 Wh PowerTube
On long rides on the 2019 Homage, I've carried the Trek's PowePack as a backup, and swapped it for its almost-depleted equivalent without problems.

I have three Bosch-powered ebikes:
  • 2017 Trek Powerfly 4
    • 1 x 500 Wh PowerPack
  • 2019 R&M Homage Rohloff
    • 1 x 500 Wh PowerTube
    • 1 x 500 Wh PowerPack
  • 2021 R& Homage Touring
    • 2 x 625 Wh PowerTube
On long rides on the 2019 Homage, I've carried the Trek's PowePack as a backup, and swapped it for its almost-depleted equivalent without problems.
Would a spare powertube 625 fit nicely into an Ortlieb Emate like the powerpack does? If you wanted to carry a spare powertube 625 could it be as easily changed on the fly?

Bosch PowerTube 625 Wh + Ortlieb E-Mate pannier

Bosch PowerTube 625 Wh
Cover for 2021–22 Homage
Ortlieb E-Mate pannier

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 118586
Bosch PowerTube 625 Wh
R&M cover for 2021–22 Homage
Ortlieb E-Mate pannier
Could you try the bosch powertube 500? I'm considering using that pannier to carry and extra 500wh powertube but not sure whether it would fit. On ortlieb's website, it is written that "fits up to 30cm long battery". The powertube is slightly bigger than that (but so is the power pack and the powerpack fits in nicely).

Could you try the bosch powertube 500? I'm considering using that pannier to carry and extra 500wh powertube but not sure whether it would fit. On ortlieb's website, it is written that "fits up to 30cm long battery". The powertube is slightly bigger than that (but so is the power pack and the powerpack fits in nicely).
I think that both powertubes have the same outer dimensions do they not?

Back