Riese & Müller 2020, integrated battery trend continues..

Remove them for transportation on a bike rack.
For charging in the office or during a break (might be difficult to take a bike inside a restaurant)
If you commute it might be a good idea to take them inside if it is freezing or really hot.

Valid points, however transportation would not be a daily task for most, so if they are slightly harder to remove this would not affect many in this case.
And for commuters, I don't know how many would leave their 50.000-80.000 SEK bike on the street anyways, I commute with a Supercharger (gen.1) and have arranged to keep it inside at my work.

I don't like integrated batteries and will never purchase another ebike that has an integrated or proprietary battery.

I don't like integrated batteries and will never purchase another ebike that has an integrated or proprietary battery.
You do know that these Bosch Powertube in-frame batteries being talked about are easily removed on R&M bikes via a simple cover (no tools req), key and a simple button/latch?

And for commuters, I don't know how many would leave their 50.000-80.000 SEK bike on the street anyways, I commute with a Supercharger (gen.1) and have arranged to keep it inside at my work.

We have an underground garage, where there is a small place for bikes in a corner (protected by an additional metallic grid).

Whenever I have to recharge, I take the batteries with me upstairs

You are lucky. In our company it is forbidden to take bikes inside. It is also not allowed to charge batteries (or use anything electric).
But with up to 15.000 people onsite they have to do whatever necessary to keep insurance cost down.

what a shortsight policy.. it's really a pity

one cannot even charge his phone?

however, to make a quick calculation: supposing ~60 charges at year (a little less then once a week, over 50 working weeks), 1 KWh (2 x 500Wh) at 30 €c/KWh, this means ~18€/year for me

It is not about the money for electricity (Maybe one day) it is about insurance costs. There were some smaller issues and after that the insurance company did some checks and threatend to raise the premium. And we are not talking €1000 with some many people it is much more. And I guess you know Hamburgs largest employer.

Well, if you think about the benefits (not only at the personal level, but especially at the community/city one), it's really a bad decision..

Speaking from the pure insurance point of view, which is the biggest problem? That a battery may catch on fire?

it's airbus, isn't?

Not only the battery, but fire is a problem. Regardless if it might be from a coffee machine or a charger. And yes it is Airbus.
Bikes in offices and floors are an obstacle in case of a fire and with all the carbon race bikes it got completely out of control and all bikes were explicitly forbidden in buildings (they were before so it is more of a reminder)

Not only the battery, but fire is a problem. Regardless if it might be from a coffee machine or a charger. And yes it is Airbus.
Bikes in offices and floors are an obstacle in case of a fire and with all the carbon race bikes it got completely out of control and all bikes were explicitly forbidden in buildings (they were before so it is more of a reminder)

Wow that's incredible.. How can they be so bicycle unfriendly?

This isn't a tough ask:

Attachments

• 20190722_153655.jpg
    20190722_153655.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 637

A compromise could be to destinate one room for bike storage and battery recharge.

@VarioHSDelite that's very close to my parking at work (in Hammerbrook for Smultron)

Bicycle infrastructure, acceptance, attitude is a little bit different in Australia and i presume America compared to Europe!

I went to ask my retailer of choice here in europe and the release date for "normal" versions are around october/november and the HS versions should be january/february with a strong emphasis on the fact that R&M never respect there delays so might add a month to those estimates
Also we can expect more details soon as some retailers have been invited to a bike meeting to see them this weekend
more info later when i'll have some ;)

Perfect @elect ! (at least i can understand pictures) my superdelight has been ordered, release date is end of february apparently (the wait is going to be long), my local reseller rented me a brand new supercharger until i receive the super delight so happy, gonna receive it tuesday !! :D

I do about 170km on my 2017 charger with dual battery,so I never see the need for carrying extra batteries. I'm looking forward to the new moddles. I only wish they would continue to support the nyon system

Back