Riese and Müller front bag

I went ahead and gave this one a try.

So far so good! I like it.

Pros:
Cost, size, does not block head light, holds just enough, seems well made, secure connection with velcro straps, colors match bike

Cons:
You get a bit of a glare of it from the headlight even though it does not block the main beam, longevity of straps after repeated removals and installations?...to be seen

Here are some pics of it on my SD along with what I carry in it.
Mine has been delivered, I agree with all of the above and excellent for the price!
Possibly cheaper here or elsewhere on Ali:

What bags people using for the Riese and Müller front rack? Quite surprised they don’t make one to fit.
Thanks.
Moon.
I use a sure porteur bag. It was a risk buying it but it works a charm. Its very secure and won’t go anywhere. The downside is it doesn’t have quick release capabilities so I tend to just leave it on the bike. Nonetheless I love it

Attachments

• 2ADFE0CD-00F4-4789-9FAE-A7F33CFA3B35.jpeg
    2ADFE0CD-00F4-4789-9FAE-A7F33CFA3B35.jpeg
    789.6 KB · Views: 889
  • 75A01AE7-7D6C-4B28-8C87-50158C55EE1A.jpeg
    75A01AE7-7D6C-4B28-8C87-50158C55EE1A.jpeg
    531.3 KB · Views: 785
I use a sure porteur bag. It was a risk buying it but it works a charm. Its very secure and won’t go anywhere. The downside is it doesn’t have quick release capabilities so I tend to just leave it on the bike. Nonetheless I love it
Doesn't look great for the headlight!?

Hi there @Jjmrx. Welcome along!
Great looking bike you got there. Think the Curry Matt is best R&M colour right now. Nice subtle set up with the bags and that hint of yellow on the fork bag. Sweet. Lets face it, it’s got to look right to properly enjoy the ride 😉. Really great spec too... Supercharger Rohloff GX.

Hope you and your partner(?) have loads of wonderful exploring on those machines. Where are you riding? Coastal, cliffs, dry stone walls... I was going to guess south coast but it’s all field hedges down there isn’t it? You got me intrigued.

Anyway have fun and keep posting.

Could you tell me a bit about the front fork bags? Well kitted out ride for sure.

Holy thread revival.
Has anyone seen the new mythical Riese and muller front rack bag? It’s meant to be out soon.

Thanks for that Mike. It’s Interesting they are showing the light on the rack with the bag and on the bars with out the bag.....

Has anyone ordered a bike with the R&M front bag? Has it actually been built yet? If not, what type of ETA does your build have? My ETA is end of March, and I'm trying to decide if I should try to add the bag, or if it will push back my build.

Has anyone ordered a bike with the R&M front bag? Has it actually been built yet? If not, what type of ETA does your build have? My ETA is end of March, and I'm trying to decide if I should try to add the bag, or if it will push back my build.
Just talked to my LBS and any change to a R&M bike order is just canceling the order, and creating a new one. So if I was to add the bag to the bike order, it would go from end of March build, to mid May.

He did confirm that he now can see/order the bag as a separate accessory for $100 + shipping. So I'm going to go down that route.

The Rando bag fits really well.

I had to adjust the brake lever angle slightly, but otherwise, it just attached with eight cable ties (included). Solid as a rock.

The downside is that it slightly blocks the bottom half of the front light. It's acceptable though as I use supplemental Exposure Joystick light.
View attachment 57744View attachment 57745View attachment 57746View attachment 57747View attachment 57748View attachment 57749View attachment 57751View attachment 57743View attachment 57744View attachment 57745View attachment 57746View attachment 57747View attachment 57748View attachment 57749View attachment 57751
View attachment 57743View attachment 57743
Did you buy the large or the smaller version?

Regarding a front rack on a 2019 Delite GX Extreme, it appears the stock R&M rack uses the water bottle mounts for the rack. Can those rack mounting bolts still be used for the Fabric bottles?

Regarding a front rack on a 2019 Delite GX Extreme, it appears the stock R&M rack uses the water bottle mounts for the rack. Can those rack mounting bolts still be used for the Fabric bottles?

Yes, as Transamspirit has said. But should you want to take the front rack off, you'll need shorter bottle lugs. Obtainable from R&M through your dealer.

Back