Riese and Müller front bag

The Rando bag fits really well.

I had to adjust the brake lever angle slightly, but otherwise, it just attached with eight cable ties (included). Solid as a rock.

The downside is that it slightly blocks the bottom half of the front light. It's acceptable though as I use supplemental Exposure Joystick light.
IMG_3716.jpegIMG_3717.jpegIMG_3719.jpegIMG_3720.jpegIMG_3721.jpegIMG_3722 2.jpegIMG_3723.jpegIMG_3718.jpegIMG_3716.jpegIMG_3717.jpegIMG_3719.jpegIMG_3720.jpegIMG_3721.jpegIMG_3722 2.jpegIMG_3723.jpeg
IMG_3718.jpeg
IMG_3718.jpeg

Thanks for the photos of the Rando bag. Really helps. Its not for me Because of the light being blocked and the brake levers being horizontal. Glad it works for you.
I have found a couple of companies in the Uk that may be able to make a bespoke bag. I really like the Inside line equipment bag but it’s too big. They won’t custom make one.

Nothing fancy, mounts with four velcro straps, thermal insulated, and doesn't require any mods. It's designed to be a trunk bag so the top unzips three sides of the top which isn't ideal but being able to remove and carry quick and easy, carry hot/cold, built in rain cover, under $50.00 cdn (pre pandemic).

Attachments

• 20200706_184201.jpg
    20200706_184201.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 778
  • 20200706_184232.jpg
    20200706_184232.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 713
Nothing fancy, mounts with four velcro straps, thermal insulated, and doesn't require any mods. It's designed to be a trunk bag so the top unzips three sides of the top which isn't ideal but being able to remove and carry quick and easy, carry hot/cold, built in rain cover, under $50.00 cdn (pre pandemic).
Kind of what I’ve been looking at. I’ve seen that bag. I would take A trunk bag that can be mounted on the rack. I’ve seen a few that might work but hesitant to buy as I don’t have the measurements for the RM stock front rack. Anybody want to sure them? Too, the diameter of the rack tubes (sorry newbie here so not sure what the right word is).

I had a very minimalist bag made by The Spindle here in Atlanta. I want it low so it did not interfere with the head lamp and small so I can carry just the essentials. It holds a spare tube, small tool kit, pump, sunglasses, mask, sunscreen, wallet and light rain jacket. It is just enough to ride without pannier when wanted.
That looks perfect! How long did they take to build? Are the three velcro straps underneath sufficient to keep the bag from shifting around while in motion? TIA, Craig

so far it stays put just fine. I think it was about 2 weeks. He had never made a bag like this, it is a small shop that does a lot of custom work. If I had it do do over again I might suggest two zippers, it is a little fussy to get it open only from one corner, and I would probably add a skippered pocket inside the lid. But, I am otherwise very happy with it.

so far it stays put just fine. I think it was about 2 weeks. He had never made a bag like this, it is a small shop that does a lot of custom work. If I had it do do over again I might suggest two zippers, it is a little fussy to get it open only from one corner, and I would probably add a skippered pocket inside the lid. But, I am otherwise very happy with it.

Thank you for the response. Excellent feedback. I totally see the need for a zipper on the interior pocket! I think I'm going to give them a try since all of the other bags I've seen so far seem too tall.

Here's an update on my Restrap Rando Bag.

I did a 75km trip yesterday from London to the countryside. I was on hills, roads, dirt tracks and I frequently stopped and took my bag with me. It's hardly a three-year world tour, but it's enough to identify some of the pros and cons.

Pros
  • Maximum space utilisation: This bag encompasses the entire space of the front carrier.
  • Structures space: I like that there are reinforced sides. Soft bags are difficult to organise
  • Flat top map compartment: The waterproof map compartment is ace for sticking in a map or even your phone
  • Easy and secure attachment: The two front magnetic feet and back strap secures the bike really well
  • Handy front pocket: This is the perfect size for an inner tube and tools
  • Waterproof: I've not tested this yet
  • Orange lining inside: The bright interior makes it easy to see your stuff. I can't stand backs with black interiors
  • Carrying strap: Most bags have this I guess, but it's useful
Cons
  • Tough to open while riding: The velcro and position of the top flap make it difficult to open the top to throw something in while riding. My Brompton bag was perfect for that. For safety maybe it's desirable that it's tough to open?
  • Obscures the light: I raised the light height, but the bag is so boxy that there it still blocks 30% of the beam. I think it's easy to add a 1" bracket to raise the light height.
  • Backstrap slightly tricky to attach: The backstrap is easy enough to attach with a slide clasp, but it does take a few seconds to reattach. So if you are looking for a very fast grab-and-go bag for shopping you might find there are faster options
  • Brake lever adjustment: It's necessary to rotate the brake levers about 20 degrees so they don't hit the bag. I find the new position perfect for me, but others might not like the more horizontal position.
  • Carrying strap clasps are stiff: The straps are attached with strong springs. So it's a pain if you want to take them off every time you ride. I just leave them on and put the excess strap inside the bag while riding.
My conclusion is that it's a great bucket. I used for my camera, pump, money, tools, jacket, snacks and power bank. It still has lots of room to spare. If you were bikepacking it would be a bag for things you didn't want to compress, like in panniers.

The alternative is a smaller bag so you don't have to raise the light. but it will underutilise the strong R&M front carrier. Alternatively, the carrier is great for carrying a tent or dry bag retained with a cargo net or luggage straps.

I went ahead and gave this one a try.

So far so good! I like it.

Pros:
Cost, size, does not block head light, holds just enough, seems well made, secure connection with velcro straps, colors match bike

Cons:
You get a bit of a glare of it from the headlight even though it does not block the main beam, longevity of straps after repeated removals and installations?...to be seen

Here are some pics of it on my SD along with what I carry in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    547.6 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    467.1 KB · Views: 786
So far so good! I like it.
Here are some pics of it on my SD along with what I carry in it.
Thanks, does it have a firm base? I''ve already purchased one :)
And what is that phone holder you have there, built-in wireless charging?

Last edited:
I think R&M is watching this thread! According to Chris at Propel bikes R&M is coming out with their own bag designed for the front rack. See video below, go to time 31:30

I think R&M is watching this thread! According to Chris at Propel bikes R&M is coming out with their own bag designed for the front rack. See video below, go to time 31:30
I think this thread is a lot larger, is in German and the Front Bag issue has been discussed multiple times!

Hello

After some thought I decided that the best way to use my front carrier is to install a basket. Checking the dimensions I picked the Cairo basket from Basil. It can be tightly attached on the front carrier with the help of cable straps and there is a little opening from one side that allows the lamp to move freely.. so far I am very happy with this setup ... have a look

Polivios
IMG-1401.JPG
IMG-1401.JPGIMG-1399.JPGIMG-1398.JPGIMG-1397.JPGIMG-1396.JPGIMG-1394.JPG

Back