Ride1UP Mid Drive Teaser

There have been a number of posts on serial failures of Brose motors on Specialized models. This guy had four different Brose motor units (same model) fail: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...se-specialized-reliability.27608/#post-193006
That's what I had been reading about Brose motors on Specialized bikes, as well. Definitely didn't like what I had been reading, or this:

That's what I had been reading about Brose motors on Specialized bikes, as well. Definitely didn't like what I had been reading, or this:
Well a few reasons for measured optimism:

1. Kevin has 6+ months to test it out. (If it were me, I'd befriend a thoughtful high mileage user to borrow the bike and put it through its paces, and research alternatives like say, a Bosch or TDCM hub motor in case the Brose doesn't pan out.)
2. If these motors are still bad, 2 years of warranty should be enough time to get a replacement, and hopefully by THEN it's fixed
3. The thread linked mentioned the warranty renews when the motor is replaced, a rolling 2 years. Who knows if that will persist though.

This shop pre emptivelg upgrades Brose motors, including the one in the Prodigy, the TF.

Last edited:
Back