Ride1Up LMTD vs. Juiced CrossCurrent S2?

Places

Region
USA
Hi folks. This will be my first ebike purchase and I’m trying to do my due diligence in research. I’ve been looking for a sub $2000 USD class 3 ebike with torque sensor, throttle, decent look and relatively trusted/quality brand. Seems like I’m down to 2 choices (unless you know more?):

CrossCurrent S2 by Juiced Bikes
LMTD by Ride1Up

Do you kind folks have any advice on one over the other? It seems like 1Up may be higher quality? But the Juiced has a better battery.

open to any of your thoughts,

Hi folks. This will be my first ebike purchase and I’m trying to do my due diligence in research. I’ve been looking for a sub $2000 USD class 3 ebike with torque sensor, throttle, decent look and relatively trusted/quality brand. Seems like I’m down to 2 choices (unless you know more?):

LMTD by Ride1Up

Do you kind folks have any advice on one over the other? It seems like 1Up may be higher quality? But the Juiced has a better battery.

Check on the price of an extra or replacement battery for these bikes. The LMTD battery is under $400. Juiced battery is $1300. I'm considering getting a LMTD myself. One of the guys on the Ride1Up FB group had a CC temporarily, complained about the quality control, got rid of it and bought a Ride1Up 500 and is very happy with it (he preferred the cadence sensor also).

I owned the CCS but haven't used any Ride ebikes. I think the Ride is very promising:
Integrated, svelte design
10+ lbs lighter
Much cheaper batteries as Genxrider said
Wider tires and wheels standard

The LMTD needs some accessories for utility riding (rack, fenders, lights), if you do that.

By the way, the torque sensor is going away after the current batch, so if you don't order soon the next batch of LMTDs won't have the torque sensor. Also look for user feedback on the sensor, I'd heard some mixed reviews.

Juiced has a higher voltage battery, but that may not be a big deal if you aren't pushing the limits of speed. Hard to say without having ridden both.

Thank you both for your responses! I really appreciate it.

It does make me lean towards the LMTD even more. I hadn't thought to check replacement battery prices — thank you!!

I believe I will pull the trigger on the LMTD this weekend so I can get the torque sensor. I think people are maybe not used to how that sensor works, or had bad controllers from early prod batches, based on some of the criticisms I read. I think I'll enjoy it.

I really appreciate you!

LMTD by Ride1Up

I bought the 1st edition CCS with the 21ah ´hyperextended range 52v batt.´ & discovered there was
a lot more hype than extension. The asymetric stays became a frame issue; the spokes were not
adequate for so heavy a bike & were all laced from the same side instead alternated which caused them
to bind on each & damaged the spoke bores. I pointed this out & was corrected on later models but
got no satisfaction from juiced for my irreparably damaged rear whl. Juiced will never see another dime
of my money. The bike I have now is twice as good & cost half as much. the CCS is nothing but a parts
bike now.

Last edited:
I owned the CCS but haven't used any Ride ebikes. I think the Ride is very promising:
Integrated, svelte design
10+ lbs lighter
Much cheaper batteries as Genxrider said
Wider tires and wheels standard

The LMTD needs some accessories for utility riding (rack, fenders, lights), if you do that.

By the way, the torque sensor is going away after the current batch, so if you don't order soon the next batch of LMTDs won't have the torque sensor. Also look for user feedback on the sensor, I'd heard some mixed reviews.

Juiced has a higher voltage battery, but that may not be a big deal if you aren't pushing the limits of speed. Hard to say without having ridden both.
I have more range on my current 13Ah than I did with the juiced ´21Ah´.

Back