Ride Control Firmware

Well, there is joy.
Took my phone off of wifi and just used it's data for the update......and it DID IT. :)

Hopefully I can just ride now.
Great! If I face another update in the future I will give this a try. Thanks!

A penultimate comment on Giant Firmware experiments...Continued efforts to keep rpm up above about 60 rpm AND get the Auto Assist to work properly continue to be successful. I don't quite have everything down to being 'instinctive' gear changing but, so long as keep my mind on what I am doing, the power increases and decreases are smooth. The lags continue to be absent unless I drop the rpm too low. If anyone has additional observations, they will be appreciated. A question for everyone...did Giant issue an understandable notice of the impact of the firmware changes that I missed along the way? That sure would reduce frustration. Thanks

Sorry I am just seeing this. I was able to reach Giant at RiderSupport{at}GiantBicycle.com. (edited)
Hello, all of my success has been due to riders responding through EBR. I had no success with Giant. My LBS did get some feedback from Giant that led to their reloading and calibrating everything AND recommending that the bike be ridden 'more aggressively'. I have never been sure what that means. To be fair, I suspect that slow and sketchy responses are due to the pandemic.

A penultimate comment on Giant Firmware experiments...Continued efforts to keep rpm up above about 60 rpm AND get the Auto Assist to work properly continue to be successful. I don't quite have everything down to being 'instinctive' gear changing but, so long as keep my mind on what I am doing, the power increases and decreases are smooth. The lags continue to be absent unless I drop the rpm too low. If anyone has additional observations, they will be appreciated. A question for everyone...did Giant issue an understandable notice of the impact of the firmware changes that I missed along the way? That sure would reduce frustration. Thanks
The ultimate comment on my experiments...keeping the cadence up above 60 rpm does get the Auto Assist to work very similarly to 'out of the box'. However, there are still some conditions where I catch the system not keeping up. It is just often enough to make it something you can't ignore. Beyond that, the 60 rpm is just not in keeping with the rather easygoing ride style I use. The system is pretty good but by no means invisible. In keeping with a lot contributors, it is much easier to go to the manual mode, set the power level and do all the management via the derailleur. Like riding any conventional bike but with super legs. Very predictable and pleasant. Doesn't care whether I'm at 2, 35 or 60 rpm. Thanks and everyone ride happy.

The system is pretty good but by no means invisible. In keeping with a lot contributors, it is much easier to go to the manual mode, set the power level and do all the management via the derailleur. Like riding any conventional bike but with super legs. Very predictable and pleasant. Doesn't care whether I'm at 2, 35 or 60 rpm.
I totally agree. Still, Syncdrive Pro motors give a lot of oomph at bigger cadence.

Back