Rhino Spoke Tension?

PG1

Can anyone tell me the correct tension please? I suspect my rear wheel needs checking and is slightly out of true now I've done 130 miles. Once I know and any other tips I'll get it into my LBS.

Park Tool has nice instructions, tools + calculations app to set up the right tension.

But I would also like to know the correct tension on the spokes of the RadRhino, advised by the manufacturer.

Had this reply from Rad:

''Because our bikes are heavier, and travel at faster speeds, than regular bikes they put more stress on the spokes. This makes it not uncommon for electric bikes with to have their spokes settle in slightly during the break in period.

We generally recommend tensioning your spokes after every month of riding to ensure they're nice and tight and operating properly.

If you're interested in tuning up the spokes on your bike, we recommend the spoke-wrench-sw-3 and tensioning to around 100 Kgf.

This is standard for straight, 12 gauge (2.6mm thick), stainless steel spokes, which all of our bikes are equipped with from the factory.
If you're using the Park Tool TM-1 tensiometer to test the tension, this equates to a reading of around 31-32 indicated on the tool. The spoke nipple is 3.96mm''

Reactions: R_v
Back