REVV R1

PedalUma

Region
USA
City
Petaluma, CA
I built and tuned a new out of box Ride 1 Up REVV R1 bike yesterday afternoon. I unlocked it to Off Road mode and took it out to bed the brakes at 35 behind a BMW up a large hill. That bike has the central attachment plate for attaching anti zombie equipment. It is well done for that style of bike. Although I sell Super 73 bikes, this is a much better value in my opinion for a comparable bike. I build, tune, ride, and repair, multiple brands, and models all day, everyday at Petaluma Motor Wheel. I am impressed. Oh, have an eBike pro assemble it, if you order one.

We have sold 47 bikes this month and it is June 23rd, and tons of service with a team of three mechanics and zero sales people. People see you working on bikes and looking like you just came off the trail and start asking questions. We had that R1 on the sidewalk today and people were having friends take photos of them on it. With one week to go we could sell 60 eBikes for June.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have sold 47 bikes this month and it is June 23rd, and tons of service with a team of three mechanics and zero sales people. People see you working on bikes and looking like you just came off the trail and start asking questions. We had that R1 on the sidewalk today and people were having friends take photos of them on it. With one week to go we could sell 60 eBikes for June.
Business is good! What's your relationship with Petaluma Motor Wheel? Do you still have your independent conversion/mod shop?

Business is good! What's your relationship with Petaluma Motor Wheel? Do you still have your independent conversion/mod shop?
Hi @Jeremy McCreary,
Thank you for asking. Because I am working 55 hours a week there six-days-per-week, I have cut my own hours to two-per-week. I am sending all my customers there for service. I created my own role. I first referred the best mechanic in Sonoma/Marin to get a job there. Then I would hag out for fifteen minutes a couple of times a week. Then I would send the owner contacts to local influencers, events, and bike friendly local politicians. Early May, they called me in to build new bikes for two hours; the shipment was a little late, so I found a broom before I could be told to do anything and made the floors and carpets look nice. I have kept that attitude. I decorate bikes at my own expense with balloons or flowers and bring in supplies or make suggestions for improvements. They saw that I could build and tune new bikes and called me back, and back. Then they saw that I could sell. Then that I did all repairs. Last Friday they saw me totally dismantle a mid-motor, and replace the faulty part in its heart and put it all together while the Berkley customer had lunch. No 12-weeks to a service center and $1200 later. It was $180 including the part. We are up for selling 60 bikes this month. 23rd x 2= 46 and we have sold 47. 30 days x 2 = 60 Some are high-end. I already have a Creo 2 carbon with e-shift customer in the pipeline who I have known for 20-years. 1/3 of all walk-ins know my name. I get paid to ride bikes!
Rick

I built another R1 today in black. One weird thing is the drive side of the front through axle is counter clockwise to tighten. If you think about it, that is the direction of forward rotation. It is also a bear to get into a stand, even a Park Tool eBike powered lift stand. The answer is to lift one end at a time.

I have had my eye on the Revv1 for a little while now. I want one but I know I should get a more pedal friendly bike. I only have space for one, so I am in indecision land now.

I have had my eye on the Revv1 for a little while now. I want one but I know I should get a more pedal friendly bike. I only have space for one, so I am in indecision land now.
I get it. It does look bad azz. The R1 is taller than many of its type but is still not really meant to pedal. If you want a good bike for the money that is nice to pedal and has features such as five levels and three modes in each plus cruise control, that is also comfortable, check out the Velotric. It gives R&M a run for the money.

@bigcanoe,
I rode the Ride1Up Portola for the first time today with the 14.3 Amp battery and am highly impressed. The fit and finish are first class and it rides great and has hydro-brakes. It is PAS but feels like a torque sensor, except in level 5. That does 28.5. The folding is clean and well done. It is also a climber. It is ideal for an RV or someone with an apartment.

Back