Review of Gazelle 380+ Mid step

I know, tell me about it! I'm not sure why Gazelle doesn't offer the C380 with the CX rather than the smaller motor, it seems like a no brainer and something that's super easy to do.

I also added Kinekt seatpost as well as Schwalbe G-One Ultrabite 28x2.0 tyres.
just found out it shipped this afternoon and taking delivery TOMORROW!!!!
Heading to REI in the morning to grab those pedals. Thanks for the tip!
I'll be very interested to hear how those G-Ones work out for you! As I just posted in another thread, I'm pretty disappointed with the grip from the stock Schwalbe Marathons on my Medeo T10+. But I'm worried that anything with a knobbier tread will not clear the standard fenders. (I don't know if the clearance is the same between the Medeo and the Ultimate.)

I've never had tubeless tires, so I'd be interested in viewpoints on that too. (I checked and my existing rims are tubeless-ready.)

I just realized he did a review of this bike on the main page! I posted this cause I could not find much info on it.

Omg !!! I am jealous! Im still waiting on mine to arrive. 😍😍😍
Congrats! I love this bike. Its amazing. It feels like riding on a bike cadillac.

This looks like an awesome bike and I'm looking tombiy something exactly like this, except in high step and with a 85 Nm Bosch CX motor (speeds are limited to 20 mph here in Canada). Gazelle does offer the C380 HMB, but it doesn't come in high step, and has the smaller 65 NM motor. My hunt for the right bike continues...
The Performanceline 65nm still makes short work of hills, compared to my old Gen2 CX 75nm there isn't much in it. I'd say its better touring motor where range is more important than outright climbing power. .

This looks like an awesome bike and I'm looking tombiy something exactly like this, except in high step and with a 85 Nm Bosch CX motor (speeds are limited to 20 mph here in Canada). Gazelle does offer the C380 HMB, but it doesn't come in high step, and has the smaller 65 NM motor. My hunt for the right bike continues...
This bike has a high step option.

So glad that this bike is now available after the wait, it was well worth it. I do not have one, but I have older model of Gazelle and look to save up money to purchase this one, sometime in the future! Thanks for the great in-depth review!

Got my mid-size high-step C380+ today (bought from Propel). Has a SmartphoneHub instead of Purion. Did some minimal assemble and re-attached the SmartphoneHub (didn't like how it was mounted using shared screw with front light). Added mirrors (riding in NYC without them is troublesome), the Suntour suspension seatpost and Bontrager Commuter saddle (has better ventilation than stock one from Gazelle). Also, considering the pretty boring gray color of C380+ (without alternatives), I decided to add some orange accents to make it looks a bit brighter.

P.S. Has a issue with the NuVinci shifter - can't switch to the highest gears, the shifting is not as smooth as they should be. Will probably need to get in touch with Propel to get it fixed.

Attachments

• c380plus.png
    c380plus.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 340
Got my mid-size high-step C380+ today (bought from Propel). Has a SmartphoneHub instead of Purion. Did some minimal assemble and re-attached the SmartphoneHub (didn't like how it was mounted using shared screw with front light). Added mirrors (riding in NYC without them is troublesome), the Suntour suspension seatpost and Bontrager Commuter saddle (has better ventilation than stock one from Gazelle). Also, considering the pretty boring gray color of C380+ (without alternatives), I decided to add some orange accents to make it looks a bit brighter.

P.S. Has a issue with the NuVinci shifter - can't switch to the highest gears, the shifting is not as smooth as they should be. Will probably need to get in touch with Propel to get it fixed.
Lovely set up of your bike btw. I am having the same issue with my C380+ NuVinci shifter. I just came from Propel and asked them about the fact it wasnt shifting down to flat. They said I needed to break in the shifter. Anyone else have any knowledge of this?

There is a special liquid inside that needs to be broken in. Apparently this break in period is first 50 miles or so….
Mine is working fine, haven’t had any problems.

There is a special liquid inside that needs to be broken in. Apparently this break in period is first 50 miles or so….
Thanks. Will definitely ride a bit to see if it gets better. This is my first Enviolo-powered bike, I used to have Shimano Nexus IGHs and they work same from day 1.

Thanks. Will definitely ride a bit to see if it gets better. This is my first Enviolo-powered bike, I used to have Shimano Nexus IGHs and they work same from day 1.
No, they need to he sure the hub was set to highest gear(overdrive before cables being attached and need to have .5-1.5mm of play in cables. Print the pdf user guide and bring in cause almost no one knows that they are doing. That being said it is harder to tuen when under heavy torque. Orange is the Dutch national color, good choice with the water bottle ;)

Propel is amazing but was going ti take forever for large mid step. Love those guys landry’s had in stock. Love all the orange except the flames tbh.

Thats great to know!!! Thanks for this.

Back