Response from Specialized re- Ride App Functionality

HappyGrandpa

Region
United Kingdom
An interesting response from Specialized to my query about their Ride App. I asked if it was possible to plan a route within the App on my iPhone. I was very impressed how quickly they responded to my query.
I'm afraid we don't currently offer that functionality with the Ride app. For route finding and navigation, I'd recommend either the Komoot app, or "Ride with GPS" app, they are both dedicated to the task of making/importing GPX files and following them! To be quite honest I think you'll find their functionality superior to the Ride app in several ways.
The long term plan is to merge the functionality of the Ride app and Mission Control into one so you won't need multiple apps on your phone! Otherwise, great to hear you are enjoying the bike :) Let me know if you have any more questions.

Refreshing. For several reasons.

It’s rare for a company to admit it’s product isn’t as good as a competitor’.

It’s even more rare for Specialized to reply to a customer request. Quickly or otherwise.

I’ve had only one interaction with Specialized Rider Care….
My Creo is a 2021, in which year they painted the top bar with a clear finish. As a result, the carbon fiber is visible. I guess somebody thought that was a cool look, but I personally think it looks rather awful. I contacted them to ask about getting it painted, as I knew the warranty would be invalidated if not done properly. A rep contacted me within 24 hours, and gave me the name of a nearby authorized custom paint shop, and answered a few questions on other topics as well. Although I would have loved to hear they’d paint it for me at no charge, that obviously wasn’t realistic, and I was satisfied with the response.

I’ve had only one interaction with Specialized Rider Care….
My Creo is a 2021, in which year they painted the top bar with a clear finish. As a result, the carbon fiber is visible. I guess somebody thought that was a cool look, but I personally think it looks rather awful. I contacted them to ask about getting it painted, as I knew the warranty would be invalidated if not done properly. A rep contacted me within 24 hours, and gave me the name of a nearby authorized custom paint shop, and answered a few questions on other topics as well. Although I would have loved to hear they’d paint it for me at no charge, that obviously wasn’t realistic, and I was satisfied with the response.
I've also had pretty good replies to Ride Care inquiries. Just about two weeks ago, I asked about the battery in the TCU (top tube display) and received a reply in one or two days. I've also had spare parts shipped to me - those little rubber stoppers that fit the Creo's kickstand screw holes.

An interesting response from Specialized to my query about their Ride App. I asked if it was possible to plan a route within the App on my iPhone. I was very impressed how quickly they responded to my query.
I'm afraid we don't currently offer that functionality with the Ride app. For route finding and navigation, I'd recommend either the Komoot app, or "Ride with GPS" app, they are both dedicated to the task of making/importing GPX files and following them! To be quite honest I think you'll find their functionality superior to the Ride app in several ways.
The long term plan is to merge the functionality of the Ride app and Mission Control into one so you won't need multiple apps on your phone! Otherwise, great to hear you are enjoying the bike :) Let me know if you have any more questions.
Would it be rude of me to ask how you contacted them from the UK? Many thanks.

Would it be rude of me to ask how you contacted them from the UK? Many thanks.
Sure, I contacted Rider Care Support which I found right at the bottom of their Home Page under Support > Contact Us. I then chose the appropriate sections. i have always found them very helpful, even if not always getting the answers I was hoping for.

Back