Resource thread: Battery Keys

Bruce Arnold

I lost one of the keys to remove the battery from my CCS frame. I think that the plastic top simply gave way under pressure and the key fell off the key chain. Not sure about that; good guess though.

So having one key bothered me. If the same thing happened again, I'd be SOL as far as not being able to remove the battery from the bike. This might not be a problem most of the time, since you can charge the battery on the bike. However, lifting the bike with battery onto my Thule carrier is considerably more effort than hoisting the bike without battery. Bon and I like to take our bikes to the many scenic locations here in coastal NC, so this is not an unusual event. There are other times I prefer to remove the battery also.

I emailed Juiced and they don't have spare keys. OK. I get that. They get two for each bike and send them out. No spares. Fine.

Looked around on the web for Reention Dorado battery keys and found a thread discussing how to have spares cut locally. Someone in the thread mentioned that there is a Honda key that works which most locksmiths would have. He gave a number for it.

However, when I went to my locksmith today, the number given was slightly incorrect: it was the mirror image of the key we need. (It was interesting, though, when I gave the saleslady the key and the number I'd found, she went right to the panel of blanks -- didn't blink an eye as though it was some kind of weird request.)

The number we need is HD-74. (Edited to correct the number)

I had her cut two keys, because why not. They are both all metal, without the black plastic top. I put the original key away where it won't get lost, and put one of the all-metal keys on my keychain. Let's see that sucker get torn off my keychain. You'd have to pull the split ring off with it!

Write this down somewhere, put it in your EverNote, whatever. Go ahead to your locksmith and get one or two made ($6.75 total for two keys, not bad at all.) This is cheap peace of mind.

Last edited:
For those that still have your keys here is something you can do to ensure it won't likely snap off. Theres no metal behind that section so easy to drill out or maybe burn through and it feels much tougher then the little bit of plastic that was there.

20180514_183450.jpg

Last edited:
The keys have a three digit number on them. Maybe there's a way to reorder them? Also, don't post photos of the key edge, lest someone print a copy... (Youth above didn't of course)

The keys have a three digit number on them. Maybe there's a way to reorder them? Also, don't post photos of the key edge, lest someone print a copy... (Youth above didn't of course)
I looked -- a long time -- and couldn't find a way to re-order. You'd think Reention would be able to supply keys, but I sure couldn't find any mention of it on the internet. Someone may have Google skillz better than mine. Me, I'm just happy that it was so easy at the local locksmith. This is one time when I'm totally focused on function, not form. :D

I lost one of the keys to remove the battery from my CCS frame. I think that the plastic top simply gave way under pressure and the key fell off the key chain. Not sure about that; good guess though.

So having one key bothered me. If the same thing happened again, I'd be SOL as far as not being able to remove the battery from the bike. This might not be a problem most of the time, since you can charge the battery on the bike. However, lifting the bike with battery onto my Thule carrier is considerably more effort than hoisting the bike without battery. Bon and I like to take our bikes to the many scenic locations here in coastal NC, so this is not an unusual event. There are other times I prefer to remove the battery also.

I emailed Juiced and they don't have spare keys. OK. I get that. They get two for each bike and send them out. No spares. Fine.

Looked around on the web for Reention Dorado battery keys and found a thread discussing how to have spares cut locally. Someone in the thread mentioned that there is a Honda key that works which most locksmiths would have. He gave a number for it.

However, when I went to my locksmith today, the number given was slightly incorrect: it was the mirror image of the key we need. (It was interesting, though, when I gave the saleslady the key and the number I'd found, she went right to the panel of blanks -- didn't blink an eye as though it was some kind of weird request.)

The number we need is HC-74.

I had her cut two keys, because why not. They are both all metal, without the black plastic top. I put the original key away where it won't get lost, and put one of the all-metal keys on my keychain. Let's see that sucker get torn off my keychain. You'd have to pull the split ring off with it!

Write this down somewhere, put it in your EverNote, whatever. Go ahead to your locksmith and get one or two made ($6.75 total for two keys, not bad at all.) This is cheap peace of mind.
Great Information! I lost my first key in the very first week. I had put it on my keychain but the Plastic must just broken off. I wanted to get a spare made for a while but have not gotten around.

Yep, my plastic broke off this week. Good thing I heard it hit the ground. I like the hack above of drilling through the thicker part of the plastic, going to do that tonight.

Thanks for the clues! Well done Bruce! Would you mind listing the brand name and any codeine the key? Google doesn't confirm the model as listed. I find HD-74 blanks but not HC. Thanks for finding this! It'll help a lot of people!

This from another forum.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 1.21.23 PM.png

Thanks for the clues! Well done Bruce! Would you mind listing the brand name and any codeine the key? Google doesn't confirm the model as listed. I find HD-74 blanks but not HC. Thanks for finding this! It'll help a lot of people!

This from another forum.

View attachment 22133
Thanks for posting the picture, Thomas. It made me think to look at the key itself for the model number.

The correct number is HD-74. I corrected the original post.

Avcokey.com

Product/Service Information
Product NamePart No.QuantityItem PriceTotal Price
TR20 TOYOTA Key Blank T61C T80RJT-TR20
HD75 HONDA MOTORCYCLE Key Blank Nickel Plated X138JT-HD75

Back