Reprogramming a rear hub controller

NorCal

Region
USA
I just received my Frey Runner and am loving it so far. I got the 1000w rear hub motor. The computer is a DPC-18 and I noticed it is programmed for 29" wheels, but I got the 27.5 inch. It doesn't appear I can change this directly in the computer. My two questions are 1) If I don't change the wheel size in the computer, won't my mileage, MPH, etc be off? 2) Can this be reprogrammed? I see programming cables, but only for mid-drive.

If you haven't figured it out yet, you should be able to change the wheel size in the "I" menu on the DPC-18. There will be a handful of settings in there including speed limit and trip reset.

If you haven't figured it out yet, you should be able to change the wheel size in the "I" menu on the DPC-18. There will be a handful of settings in there including speed limit and trip reset.
Thank you, I'll take a look. I saw wheel size somewhere in the menu system, but it was greyed out and I couldn't select it.

This is what I got from BAFANG DPC-18 manual, hope it can help you: After turn on the display, briefly press (<0.5S) for two times to enter into the“SETTING” interface. “Wheel” --- set the wheel diameter.
Briefly press (<0.5S) or to select “Wheel”, and then briefly press (<0.5S) . This moment, briefly press (<0.5S) or to select the wheel diameter as “6”/“7”/“8”/……/“32”/“33”/“34”. After confirmation, briefly press (<0.5S) to save the set and exit back to “Wheel”. Briefly press for two times (interval time is less than 0.5S) to exit back to main interface or select “BACK” → “EXIT” to exit back to main menu.
1675389853050.png
1675389924879.png

Back