Replacing zoom brakes with Shimano - any issues?

ssfvt

Region
USA
My eSpin Sport (2021) was fitted with Zoom brakes. They required bleeding this year and I bought a universal bleed kit that included Zoom among the brakes it supports. This kit was recommended by eSpin. I found that none of the included fittings matched up with the Zoom hardware so I eventually took it to 3 different local bike shops. They all told me that they too couldn’t find a match, either with the kit or with their shop hardware. ESpin was willing to sell me a new set of brakes (Gemma) but I declined and decided to replace them with something more familiar to me - Shimano MT200. An inexpensive alternative but fine for my needs.

So, here’s my question. Anyone know the implications related to the brake sensors, i.e., how to make sure the sensors work with the MT200 brakes? I’ll be getting a complete set of front & rear, including levers and cables. I think the zoom sensor are in the lever assembly but am waiting for espin to confirm. they have not been responding so I’m turning to the knowledgeable folks in this forum. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Thanks. I’ll look into alternatives, including the Maguras.
the cutoff wire limits what you can use. the marguas are pretty good. They are better than Shimmano. in some ways they don't need such a light touch and there is more space between the pads and rotors. but shimano take the least effort to brake. .

Tektro\TRP are also a economical but very capable brake with e_cutout. Very easy to work with and most of the 4 piston use the same pads as Shimano. Easily sourced.

Back