Replacing suspension seatpost on turbo vado with non suspension seatpost

Marquezdl

Region
Other
City
Medellin Colombia
Has anyone replaced the stock suspension seatpost (I dont like suspension seatposts) with a non suspension rigid seatpost?
I am just starting to look for a replacement.

I splurged and went with a Whiskey Products carbon seatpost. It's nice, has some (minimal) compliance that helps with the bumps and chatter, but is by no means a suspension post - which is exactly what I wanted.

That, in tandem with a saddle that suits my posterior better, mabye a Brooks or hopefully a Berthoud should be helpful!

I splurged and went with a Whiskey Products carbon seatpost. It's nice, has some (minimal) compliance that helps with the bumps and chatter, but is by no means a suspension post - which is exactly what I wanted.
Did you get the straight or offset model? Also, what brand shim did you use or a DIY?

Last edited:
Did you get the straight or offset model? Also, what brand shim did you use or a DIY?
Straight, no shim needed - they make both 27.2mm and 30.9mm posts, get the one that is correct for your bike. I have the regular Vado (not the SL), and it requires 30.9mm post.

One note: with the sloping downtube of the regular Vado, a good bit of seatpost is exposed - which is a Good Thing. This is what helps with the bit of compliance it offers. I have the same seatpost on another bike, only about 5" of seatpost exposed, and it doesn't do a whole lot on that bike.

I hope you find a saddle that works for you, there are so many and it's so hard to find The One. I feel fortunate to have found an SQLabs saddle on clearance for $35, it is an absolute perfect fit for me and incredibly comfortable and supportive. Dumb luck I suppose.

Back