New Turbo Vado 4 SL EQ mini-review and my changes

arkman

Region
Canada
I've had my Turbo Vado SL 4 for a week and already put 120km on it. I love it. I also have a Voya E+1, which was my first ebike. I liked it, but the battery life wasn't good enough for me, so I found the Vado on sale and pulled the trigger. I've been impressed with the motor and the battery so far. I mostly ride (85%) in the lowest assist mode, and I'm getting around ~120km from a charge. Not much to complain about yet. I did find the ride a little harsh compared to my Voya and my full-suspension mountain bike (surprise), but I've already made some changes to alleviate that. So, here are my changes so far. Note: None of this was necessary, but I a) had the parts already. b) love to tinker.

- Redshift Suspension Stem and Seatpost (these are life savers)
- Carbon handlebars
- SQ Lab Inner Bar Ends
- Garmin mount for the Garmin and the light
- WTB seat, also Garmin Varia radar on the seat
- Pedals - Shimano XT PD-T8000

Anyway, I love it so far!
IMG_0202.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice additions. Big fan of the SQ Lab Inner Bar Ends, I have them on several of my bikes.
I also just picked up a Turbo Vado SL 4.0, same color as yours and am thrilled with it so far.

Guys, welcome to the community, both of you!

Very nice additions. Big fan of the SQ Lab Inner Bar Ends, I have them on several of my bikes.
I also just picked up a Turbo Vado SL 4.0, same color as yours and am thrilled with it so far.
I've had multiple surgeries on my neck and shoulders so being able to move my arm/hand position is important. Also, the reason for the Redshift stem. Both really help in any semi-long rides.

I've had my Turbo Vado SL 4 for a week and already put 120km on it. I love it. I also have a Voya E+1, which was my first ebike. I liked it, but the battery life wasn't good enough for me, so I found the Vado on sale and pulled the trigger. I've been impressed with the motor and the battery so far. I mostly ride (85%) in the lowest assist mode, and I'm getting around ~120km from a charge. Not much to complain about yet. I did find the ride a little harsh compared to my Voya and my full-suspension mountain bike (surprise), but I've already made some changes to alleviate that. So, here are my changes so far. Note: None of this was necessary, but I a) had the parts already. b) love to tinker.

- Redshift Suspension Stem and Seatpost (these are life savers)
- Carbon handlebars
- SQ Lab Inner Bar Ends
- Garmin mount for the Garmin and the light
- WTB seat, also Garmin Varia radar on the seat
- Pedals - Shimano XT PD-T8000

Anyway, I love it so far!
View attachment 161248
Hey there, Arkman! I've been using the same EQ model for over a year now, and I think it's time for some upgrades. Would you mind helping me out by sending the Amazon links for the SQ LAB inner Bar Ends and also the Diameter and length info for the Redshift Suspension? And hey, while we're at it, do you happen to have any insight on whether the WTB seat is more comfortable than the specialized one?

These are links to the Amazon Canada website, so your usage may vary:
SQLab Barends: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0722JN6X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
These seem ridiculously expensive on Amazon Canada now, so you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. Many LBS sell them.

RedShift Stem: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MY030V1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
For the stem, I bought a 6-degree X 100mm, but I bought it for another bike and moved it to my Vado when I got it. It fits me fine, but the length for you might be different.

For me, the WTB saddle is way more comfortable. I hated the stock Specialized one. Again, this is a personal preference. I've ridden WTB saddles for years on many bikes, so I know what I like and what works for me.

Good luck. The stem is a game-changer.

Back