Replacing or adding another battery?

SVRACER295

Region
USA
Hello All,
New to the ebike world. Sorry for the newbie question.
All things have a life span and or upgrades are wanted. If I want to buy a new battery when mine doesn't work anymore or if I want to add on another battery for extended range. Do I have to order these from the company I purchased the bike from for them to work? Will that company have to provide the bracket and connectors etc?
Thank you!!

Curious to where the best place to buy a batter is also, price and quality?

Generally no, you can source from other retailers, but with a few caveats. What bike and battery model?

You may not be able to source aftermarket options for systems like Bosch, as they have a proprietary "handshake" in the firmware. But you can still usually just order a genuine Bosch battery from any authorized retailer/online store and it should work without dealer programming. Adding a second battery or range extender kit that wasn't there originally 'might' need a software update from some manufacturers, but not always.

If your bike uses a more generic battery system like the Dorado or Shark, you will have more freedom to explore the aftermarket world for a deal. There are some really smart folks on these forums that can help you with battery specifics, but you will need to post up some details to help run down the best options, and avoid the cheap/dangerous junk.

Generally no, you can source from other retailers, but with a few caveats. What bike and battery model?

You may not be able to source aftermarket options for systems like Bosch, as they have a proprietary "handshake" in the firmware. But you can still usually just order a genuine Bosch battery from any authorized retailer/online store and it should work without dealer programming. Adding a second battery or range extender kit that wasn't there originally 'might' need a software update from some manufacturers, but not always.

If your bike uses a more generic battery system like the Dorado or Shark, you will have more freedom to explore the aftermarket world for a deal. There are some really smart folks on these forums that can help you with battery specifics, but you will need to post up some details to help run down the best options, and avoid the cheap/dangerous junk.
Thank you very much. It is a Juggernaut FS Pro 2. Its stated on the site Reention Dorado? I know this sounds completely ridiculous but I don't even know how two batteries work on this bike. I do not have it yet, waiting on shipping.

Thank you very much. It is a Juggernaut FS Pro 2. Its stated on the site Reention Dorado? I know this sounds completely ridiculous but I don't even know how two batteries work on this bike. I do not have it yet, waiting on shipping.
I don't know if you can fit 2 batteries at the same time on this bike because the battery is in the frame of the bike but you could always place another style battery somewhere else or carry a spare on a rack or back packbut 1 battery probablybe enough maybe,, the battery is a dorado style @Jenny Mao sells good batteries 48v 25ah and many more she's a tusted seller on this site thx

Bitrix seems to sell the range extender kit for the Juggernaut FS Pro which uses a second smaller battery mounted in the water bottle area (At least the web site lets you spec that - probably worth confirming it fits). Since the kit requires a mounting plate and some wiring, the factory RE kit might be the best deal and warranty compliant option for you?

I believe the true dual-battery bike (2x full-size batteries) uses a different frame, so can't be retro-fitted.

If you want to forgo the hassle of installing the range extender kit yourself, you can just buy and carry a second full size battery as well, but you would need a pannier or rack which can still be a bit of a pain in the butt to source and mount on a full-suspension bike. There are a few threads on here that discuss FS Rear rack options.

Hello All,
New to the ebike world. Sorry for the newbie question.
All things have a life span and or upgrades are wanted. If I want to buy a new battery when mine doesn't work anymore or if I want to add on another battery for extended range. Do I have to order these from the company I purchased the bike from for them to work? Will that company have to provide the bracket and connectors etc?
Thank you!!

Curious to where the best place to buy a batter is also, price and quality?
Don't feel bad. Most of us just know enough about electronics to be dangerous!

Don't feel bad. Most of us just know enough about electronics to be dangerous!
That's how you start our anyway. Then, if you want/need to learn more about it, YOU ASK QUESTIONS!

Bitrix seems to sell the range extender kit for the Juggernaut FS Pro which uses a second smaller battery mounted in the water bottle area (At least the web site lets you spec that - probably worth confirming it fits). Since the kit requires a mounting plate and some wiring, the factory RE kit might be the best deal and warranty compliant option for you?

I believe the true dual-battery bike (2x full-size batteries) uses a different frame, so can't be retro-fitted.

If you want to forgo the hassle of installing the range extender kit yourself, you can just buy and carry a second full size battery as well, but you would need a pannier or rack which can still be a bit of a pain in the butt to source and mount on a full-suspension bike. There are a few threads on here that discuss FS Rear rack options.
I purchased the range extender bracket that fits on the frame for the second battery. I just received the bike and it's drilled to fit. I now need to source the battery. Stated it is a Reention Dorado that fits the bracket.

Back