Replacement kickstand for SuperCharger 2….

sammcneill

Region
New Zealand
Hi experts.

My son knocked over my SC2 & bizarrely the kick stand snapped right off!

LBS asked if wanted to consider a double kickstand “upgrade” instead of like for like single kickstand.

Anyone used a double? Recommend it? I thought they were only for heavier bikes like MultiCharger or the cargo bikes… would it be overkill on SC2?

Cheers

Sam

Where would you mount a double kickstand on a SC2?
No idea! The LBS just asked my wife if she wanted to consider that when she rang them about getting it replaced.

I’m taking the bike in on Friday to get the front light fixed (replacement part finally arrived at LBS) and will discuss it with them then.

Given you’ve asked the question @JVBulman, I’m guessing it’s actually not possible!

OK I put an Tern GSD double kickstand on my 2020 Mulitcharger Mixte. The dealer had some of these kicking around because the stock Tern item was replaced by a heavier duty one offered by Tern to these models. This was a great addition to my Mulitcharger. The dilemma I had was in order to get the centre stand from R&M I had to have ordered the passenger kit which I didn't want (expensive). So if your dealer sells Tern as well, check with them.

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 221
OK I put an Tern GSD double kickstand on my 2020 Mulitcharger Mixte. The dealer had some of these kicking around because the stock Tern item was replaced by a heavier duty one offered by Tern to these models. This was a great addition to my Mulitcharger. The dilemma I had was in order to get the centre stand from R&M I had to have ordered the passenger kit which I didn't want (expensive). So if your dealer sells Tern as well, check with them.
Less help to you having already found a solution, but for anyone else wondering, the Multicharger centerstand can be ordered by itself aftermarket. The one for Touring models is #VBK0363 and Vario/Rohloff is #VBK0364

Last edited:
Back