5000km Anniversary for SuperCharger 2

sammcneill

Region
New Zealand
Thought I'd share something not too serious - I had a 5yr work anniversary this week and now a 5000km anniversary on my SuperCharger 2 as well.

It's taken a shade under 18 months to clock it up and by coincidence a t-shirt and hoodie I'd ordered last week arrived on the same day - this was designed by a local cycling enthusiast and shows the new cycle pathways in the city laid out like a traditional subway map (@peterh_nz you'd appreciated this!). Check it out:

4.png

Here's the magic number:

1.png

This was the lovely spot (with rather unlovely weather) beside the Avon River and the memorial to the lives lost in the major 2011 earthquake that devasted my city:

3-1.png

and finally this is the odometer readings I've been keeping for our car and bike:

4-1.png

You can see from the orange line the car we semi-permanently loaned and no longer use, so for a family of 6 we do pretty well with one car and an eBike! (the big spikes in car usage are typically driving inter-city either for holiday or dropping my daughter at University)

Cheers and enjoy your riding

Sam

Awesome! My SC2 will be two years old next month and I am at 4235km and counting. Winter rain and snow throws a wrench in my commuting but I still love the bike and pushing the weight around with the power turned off on the flats is a great workout. I do need to replace a flaky rear wheel pick up sensor but that will come later after warranty is out. Propel did send me a replacement unit under warranty which was great, I just have to dive into removing the side cover and maybe the motor to swap out the connecting wire.
Ride on...

Mine Supercharger 2 is 1.5 years and has 13170 km and counting :D it's indeed a tank.
Whoah, that's a fair bit more than me and mine is twice as old.
On the German forums they call it a Jeep i think :)

Reactions: One
With a good translator this forum usually has most things Charger/SuperCharger discussed well before ElectricBikeReview forums.
It's a huge resource - at 865 pages with 17,296 posts, here's one of the early uses of "Jeep" to describe the SC:

Reactions: One
With a good translator this forum usually has most things Charger/SuperCharger discussed well before ElectricBikeReview forums.
It's a huge resource - at 865 pages with 17,296 posts, here's one of the early uses of "Jeep" to describe the SC:
Thanks for the link indeed a huge resource.

319CA873-5093-4AD7-97BB-C02C5F25023E.jpeg

Well I don’t intend to post every “anniversary” in this thread but turned out I saw it tick over onto 6000km this morning after test riding the bike after completing some minor brake maintenance.

I confess my bike mileage is now being split between the SC2 and my eMTB which is vying for more adventure hours! This is from a 52 eMTB ride on the weekend:

5D29776D-9E79-49D3-A50C-BAB4A5223F0B.jpeg

With fuel prices increasing we are definitely attempting to drive less and bike more:

1649021938626.png

Stay safe everyone

IMG_4976.jpeg

Saw it tick over so thought I’d snap a photo … not long until the first real anniversary worth mentioning- 10,000km!

I lost my job at MSFT where I’ve been working from home for last three years so most use of bike has been odd jobs and pleasure. I’ve signed on a new role where I’ll likely have a 15km return commute and intend to use the SC2 for all of that wherever possible.

Should see it hit 10k soon, although I’m now splitting ride time between this, my road bike, my eMTB and & my gravel bike…. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Thought I'd share something not too serious - I had a 5yr work anniversary this week and now a 5000km anniversary on my SuperCharger 2 as well.

It's taken a shade under 18 months to clock it up and by coincidence a t-shirt and hoodie I'd ordered last week arrived on the same day - this was designed by a local cycling enthusiast and shows the new cycle pathways in the city laid out like a traditional subway map (@peterh_nz you'd appreciated this!). Check it out:

View attachment 108334

Here's the magic number:

View attachment 108335

This was the lovely spot (with rather unlovely weather) beside the Avon River and the memorial to the lives lost in the major 2011 earthquake that devasted my city:

View attachment 108336

and finally this is the odometer readings I've been keeping for our car and bike:

View attachment 108337

You can see from the orange line the car we semi-permanently loaned and no longer use, so for a family of 6 we do pretty well with one car and an eBike! (the big spikes in car usage are typically driving inter-city either for holiday or dropping my daughter at University)

Cheers and enjoy your riding

Sam
Wasn't cycling much when we visited the North and South Islands of NZ in 2010, but I remember seeing lots of great places to ride — including Christchurch, the Southern Alps to the west, and the area around Wellington Harbour.

Would also love to explore parts of the North Island's Taupo Volcanic Zone by ebike. What a geologic wonderland NZ is!

Wasn't cycling much when we visited the North and South Islands of NZ in 2010, but I remember seeing lots of great places to ride — including Christchurch, the Southern Alps to the west, and the area around Wellington Harbour.

Would also love to explore parts of the North Island's Taupo Volcanic Zone by ebike. What a geologic wonderland NZ is!
Yes it’s a super interesting place with high geological diversity in a very small place.

You might like to check out some of my recent bikepacking adventures then around the north and south islands:

Back