Replacement for Axa Blueline 30 headlight

mitchl

Hey folks,
I have a Haibike SDURO Trekking 6.0 which came with an Axa Blueline 30 headlight. Unfortunately the light was mounted in such a way that it bumps into most bike racks when the bike's front wheel is put into the rack, which caused the plastic arm to snap. I could just buy a replacement unit from the link above, but then I'd have the same problem with it bumping into bike racks and it would probably just break again sooner or later. I'd like to replace it with something that I can mount to the head tube so that I won't have that problem. Can anyone recommend something which will fit the wide diameter of the Haibike's head tube, and will be able to connect to the existing wiring for the old light? I attached a picture of the connectors, but I'm not sure if they're standardized or not.

Thanks,
Mitch

Attachments

• 20190318_024529586_iOS.jpg
    20190318_024529586_iOS.jpg
    920.8 KB · Views: 1,357
I cannot give you a recommendation for a new light, but I can recommend that you stop parking your bike into the rack using the front wheel. When you park in that manner, if the bike is bumped into, it can fall over because you have secured it with the part of the bike meant to rotate (the steering wheel). You may end up with a damaged wheel, or worse. It is more secure to park it in the rack rear-wheel first.

I'd like to replace it with something that I can mount to the head tube so that I won't have that problem. Can anyone recommend something which will fit the wide diameter of the Haibike's head tube, and will be able to connect to the existing wiring for the old light? I attached a picture of the connectors, but I'm not sure if they're standardized or not.

Lezyne has a great light that comes with all the mounting accessories: https://www.lezyne.com/product-led-ebike-micro500.php
For $59, it is a fantastic light. Compared to your AXA, it is 5x more brighter.

@Nova Haibike, that doesn't work with a lot of bike racks because of the bag rack on the back of the bike. I will keep this in mind though.

@Ravi Kempaiah, thanks for the tip. That does look like a nice light but it seems like it's not available yet, at least in the US. I'll keep an eye out though.

This would be the luxury choice that can be wired into the system: Lupine SL S

I use the older model of the Fenix BC30R, a USB rechargeable light. The current model puts out 1000 lumens on high and 1800 on burst: Fenix BC30R. They recently introduced a more compact 600 lumen USB light at a great price: BC25R

Hey folks,
I have a Haibike SDURO Trekking 6.0 which came with an Axa Blueline 30 headlight. Unfortunately the light was mounted in such a way that it bumps into most bike racks when the bike's front wheel is put into the rack, which caused the plastic arm to snap. I could just buy a replacement unit from the link above, but then I'd have the same problem with it bumping into bike racks and it would probably just break again sooner or later. I'd like to replace it with something that I can mount to the head tube so that I won't have that problem. Can anyone recommend something which will fit the wide diameter of the Haibike's head tube, and will be able to connect to the existing wiring for the old light? I attached a picture of the connectors, but I'm not sure if they're standardized or not.

Thanks,
Mitch

Check this out: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...with-syncdrive-sport-motor.27213/#post-187170

Your bike has a similar motor and you may find this is valuable.

The B&M IQ-X E is another good replacement. That's what I used to replace my AXA 30 on my 2018 Quick-E.

Back