REI carries the Nyon retrofit kits.

fooferdoggie

I wanted to get a spare and one will be used three bikes and it costs so much for all the mounting parts separate its not cost effective to buy them all. the remote alone is 62.00 so with my membership awards I got 58.00 off so it was only 308.00
they also have the Kiox and smartphone hubs.

I wanted to get a spare and one will be used three bikes and it costs so much for all the mounting parts separate its not cost effective to buy them all. the remote alone is 62.00 so with my membership awards I got 58.00 off so it was only 308.00
they also have the Kiox and smartphone hubs.
Yeah, they conveniently(for them) took the Nyon down off their website during the spring 20% off sale. It reappeared right after the sale ended.

I ordered, received and installed one of the kits. Biggest disadvantage for me in ordering from REI is that they use the cheapest possible shipping - UPS Surepost. This is where UPS handles most of the shipping and drops it off for the USPS to handle the last part of the order. So it took 8 days for my package to make it from Arizona to my home in New Hampshire, with essentially no tracking information en route. And right now, my local PO is in meltdown - we get mail or packages delivered about once a week, due to staff shortages.
OTOH, REI's return policies are great, and the dividends for members sometimes makes for decent deals.
The upgrade? Easy on my 8s, and best move I've made yet. Should have done it last year. Too bad the future for the Nyon looks cloudy...

Back