Recommendation for bike wheel light (school Electric Light Parade)

Summerreal

My son’s school will hold a small Electric Light Parade in the summer holiday, i am thinking to prepare a bike wheel light for him, he loves cycling. After searching on Amazon I found this OuterStar wheel light, the customers review looks great.
Would you guys recommend this kind of wheel light or something better at this price point? I’d prefer under $50 and easy to install.

Last edited:
try Monkey Bike lights. you can see them on youtube. i don't have any direct experience with them but they look cool, seem easy to install (there's a how to vid on youtube), and not that expensive. i think you can find them on amazon. many different configurations. i think if i rode my bike more at night i'd probably get them for myself. good luck. if you get it done, post some pix.

Hi, thanks very much for the responses. Monkey lights are cool, but when searching, it's found that they only make images as your tire spins around because when you stop those things turn off , this could be a problem for a parade, my son couldn't ride all the time, that's why i chose this one, these are always lit up.

Hi, thanks very much for the responses. Monkey lights are cool, but when searching, it's found that they only make images as your tire spins around because when you stop those things turn off , this could be a problem for a parade, my son couldn't ride all the time, that's why i chose this one, these are always lit up.
You can't see the patterns at low speeds or stopped, but the LEDs still light up, blink, and change colors. Definitely not as cool if you can't see the patterns though.

Back