Recommend a bike rack for ebike with fenders

I have the Hollywood SE2 rack and can say that it is solid. Its rated for 160lbs and you can choose between 3 inch or 5 inch tire mounts. Holds my Himiway and Lectric XP without any issues.

I was looking at the Thule XT2 but switched after reading reviews on REI that some of the plastic parts were prone to breaking so I went with Hollywood instead.

I ordered the Thule XT2 and it's on its way. The ease of mounting the rack, the ramp, along with storage once folded were the deciding factors for me. I also saw some of the negative reviews on quality but also plenty of very positive reviews. Only time will tell if i made the right decision.

1st post.New to forum. I haven’t yet committed to a ebike but the specialized Comp 4.0 is looking ideal for me and my wife. The problem will be how to haul it. I was looking a Kuat NV 2.0 but wondered if fenders would cause any trouble. Dealer said it would work fine but I wasn’t for sure. Would the ramp work alright with it since I am looking at mid-drives? Kuat is the only ramps I’ve seen at several dealers. Thanks
I am waiting on delivery of the KUAT 2.0 after seeing it on sale at REI. I'm hoping the fenders on my wifes 2019 Specialized como 4.0 and my 2018 Cannondale E-Contro will be secure. ANy additional info on this rack with bikes and fenders would be helpful

I am waiting on delivery of the KUAT 2.0 after seeing it on sale at REI. I'm hoping the fenders on my wifes 2019 Specialized como 4.0 and my 2018 Cannondale E-Contro will be secure. ANy additional info on this rack with bikes and fenders would be helpful
This is a high quality tack with a number of nice features. The front wheel 'clamp' that is intended to grab the tire is a concern for fenders. Others have posted comments about using shims with bikes with fenders. I presume they're referring to pushing something between the wheel and fender where the clamp grabs the fender to transfer force to the wheel. Perhaps a shop rag?

I have a Trek Allant+ 7s coming. It has fenders and I have a Thule XT2 pro. Has anyone tried put the arm bar in front of the fender on the tire? It seems like it should work as long as the arm doesn't sit too low on the tire.

Just ordered a Hollywood sport rider SE with frame clamp. For Allant 8. Was advised by many sources not to attempt to clamp to fenders, even strong metal ones, also, not to clamp low angle to the tires. Easy fold is largely unobtanium, otherwise might have tried that. The Hollywood seems like it should work well, we'll see. I would think that with so many fendered bike models out there, manufacturers would provide more options. There isn't much. Also, more options for single bike racks.

The fenders on the Trek Allant are not that long. It seems the Thule XT Pro wheel arms would sit at around the 1 o’clock position on the wheel. I wouldn’t call that low. Also, to make sure the arm doesn’t move it seems something (like rope) can be used to secure the arm hook to the tire. I just don’t find a lot of reports of people using the XT Pro with fenders. I guess I’ll have to try and report back.

Easyfold XT2 holding 55 lb OHM Sport.

Attachments

• P_20200808_130320.jpg
    P_20200808_130320.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 519
Just installed a Hollywood sport rider e bike rack. Allant bike is on order so I cant comment on mounting the bike, but, as a frame mount rack, it should work. I am extremely impressed with the build quality of this rack. It's really stout, almost all metal, and pretty heavy. Doesn't look like they cheaped out on anything.

I had an Easyfold XT2 for a couple of years and found that even though the clamps have a rubber covering over time the rubber can mar the paint finish.
I originally bought a couple of Thule carbon frame protectors because I occasionally brought my carbon road bike instead of my ebike. I liked the protectors so much I ended up using one with my aluminum framed ebike too.

Back