Reckless ebikers

E bikes are still a rarity here- the hardest thing is dodging oblivious walkers who put headphones in and plant themselves in the middle of the bike path (there’s a separate path for walkers). Bonus points if they accessorize with a couple of large, mean dogs they can barely control.
I don’t like to yell, but sometimes you have to.

Well, ebikes are proliferating where I live. And, in the last day or two I've encountered ... ebikers riding way too fast on mixed use paths. Almost got creamed by one on a narrow mixed-use path today. He was going FAST and was in the center, and I could feel him WHOOSH by.

Let's keep it safe, folks! And, um, ride on the RIGHT side of the path? And, MIXED USE means a safe speed.
Well said!

Well said!
As a pedestrian, a motorist, and a biker, I’d rather deal with the rider who’s going fast, but in a straight line, with good control of their bike. The riders that really scare me are the people (usually on acoustic bikes) who wobble slowly back, forth, and sideways all over the road or the bike path, often in too high a gear.
That being said, coming up behind people at 20mph or so and scaring the heck out of them isn’t going to make them love e bikes, or any bike.

Back