Recent Brake Announcement by Lectric

FrankR

Region
USA
City
Milky Way Galaxy
I guess the Facebook forums are more popular for Lectric dialog than here.

Lectric released an announcement last week stating that in a small batch of XP 3.0 bikes, they found safety issues that could lead to brake failure.
They are initiating a program to offer every XP 3.0 owner a hydraulic brake replacement.

While they are offering support, I found the amount of scientific information revealed about all of this was lacking. Still going back and forth with Lectric via email to extract additional information.

The XP 3.0 models now come with hydraulic brakes and an updated to the controller system to manage power output better.

They don't ship until July.

I think I will finally get a Lectric... I was looking at the XPremium but now that the XP 3.0 has hydraulic, I will save the money (plus I'm used to hub motor vs mid motor).

Got my email yesterday for the hydraulic upgrade they will send pwr upgrade later in July

Same. Filled out the form for those.

I still don't understand how they are doing the controller upgrade. [some sort of update, or, a whole controller]

Same. Filled out the form for those.

I still don't understand how they are doing the controller upgrade. [some sort of update, or, a whole controller]
If it's possible it might run into the 2.0xp so I think they are being careful

So anyone get any of these 3.0s with the hydraulic brakes?

I am very pro-hydraulics but had an issue with mine that cost me $30+ to bleed... and all I did was take the front tire off. :(

We switched out the mechanical brakes on our original XP with a Zoom hydraulic kit a couple of years ago. Under 50 bucks from Amazon if I remember correctly...

Received my brakes Fri. evening. Installed Sat. morning. Easy install, hardest thing was the rewrapping of the cables and hoses. I had the Zoom hybrid brakes for about 4 months. These are so much nicer. Install took me about an hour.

Received my brakes Fri. evening. Installed Sat. morning. Easy install, hardest thing was the rewrapping of the cables and hoses. I had the Zoom hybrid brakes for about 4 months. These are so much nicer. Install took me about an hour.
Got mine as well on Friday been riding so I didn't install

I guess the Facebook forums are more popular for Lectric dialog than here.

Lectric released an announcement last week stating that in a small batch of XP 3.0 bikes, they found safety issues that could lead to brake failure.
They are initiating a program to offer every XP 3.0 owner a hydraulic brake replacement.

While they are offering support, I found the amount of scientific information revealed about all of this was lacking. Still going back and forth with Lectric via email to extract additional information.
T
Lectric shut down the hydraulic brake re[lacement on July 30, 2023 and since I did not request my replacement until September they only offered me the mechanical brake replacement. I have never heard of a recall where the faulty part was replaced by a different replacement part midway through the recall process. I am very disappointed in Lectric as a result of this.

I've had the brake upgrade kit for my XP 3.0 since mid September and finally got around to installing it last night, Nov. 4th. The kit isn't that hard to install. As mentioned above, wrapping the cables took the longest. I took a bunch of pictures before starting. The upgraded brake kit I received are NUTT brand. They work great compared to the original mechanical brakes that came with the XP 3.0. My XP doesn't get ridden much anymore but if any issues arrive I'll post a update. I have a friend who might take the XP off my hands and he's kinda hard on stuff.

But overall impressions with Lectric are great. They really stepped up when they provided the upgrade kit, and I'm sure they got a small shock when they realized the original front wheel hit the new caliper and had to supply a replacement front wheel as well. Thanks Lectric!

Back