received my new Kepler!

scottc88

Region
USA
Loving the ride šŸ˜Š it is fast and powerful ā€“ just as advertised.

The assembly instructions are really sparce. Frankly lousy. Maybe they had intended a seasoned bike enthusiast with proper tools and know how to install the handlebar. But mine were tightened as much as possible with the basic allen key that comes in the box. However the handlebars could turn without the wheel turning. Dangerous. Took it to a bike shop and they fixed it.

The derailer & chain are not right (bike shop tech said they could see derailer was ā€œbentā€). But I have to wait a full week before they can get me in for a proper service call. Until then I have to put up with it skipping gears ā€“ shifting gears without me doing it. Maybe this is par for the course with a bike assembled in China. Oh well.

Ariel Rider email support has been helpful answering questions. Would be easier & faster to have phone support though.

This bike is big ā€“ a brute. And heavy. But the huge tires do make it more comfortable on city streets and urban bike trails. I feel I will be very happy with it once these initial kinks get worked out with a bike tune-up.

So who else is loving their new Kepler?

Loving the ride šŸ˜Š it is fast and powerful ā€“ just as advertised.

The assembly instructions are really sparce. Frankly lousy. Maybe they had intended a seasoned bike enthusiast with proper tools and know how to install the handlebar. But mine were tightened as much as possible with the basic allen key that comes in the box. However the handlebars could turn without the wheel turning. Dangerous. Took it to a bike shop and they fixed it.

The derailer & chain are not right (bike shop tech said they could see derailer was ā€œbentā€). But I have to wait a full week before they can get me in for a proper service call. Until then I have to put up with it skipping gears ā€“ shifting gears without me doing it. Maybe this is par for the course with a bike assembled in China. Oh well.

Ariel Rider email support has been helpful answering questions. Would be easier & faster to have phone support though.

This bike is big ā€“ a brute. And heavy. But the huge tires do make it more comfortable on city streets and urban bike trails. I feel I will be very happy with it once these initial kinks get worked out with a bike tune-up.

So who else is loving their new Kepler?
I like my Kepler very much. I agree that the instructions are sparse...but I managed. I added a mirror and a milk crate on the rack and have been tootling around town.
Things I've learned so far:
ā€¢Be sure to turn bike off when you're dismounting...the twist throttle, if touched inadvertently, will make the bike leap!
ā€¢with the milk crate on the back it's not easy to mount and dismount (I'm 72...)
ā€¢Motorists think they can pass me even though I'm going 30 on a city street, and seem to expect bicycle characteristics from me. In other words, be careful.
ā€¢ I'm getting 50 miles plus per charge. With hills, riding fast, and 200lb weight.
ā€¢ So far I think it's a sweet bike at a great price.

I agree. Will be doing a lot more 50+ mile riding in the future and hope to get at least 60 miles on a charge. It is a huge, heavy bike. I was told by support to adjust the pedal assist to 9 levels so using pedal assist 1 (only) would make the motor do little work. Most of the propulsion is from my legs and doing that I should get closer to the 75 mile expected range the website says. A 2nd battery is like $700 - holy cow!

I agree. Will be doing a lot more 50+ mile riding in the future and hope to get at least 60 miles on a charge. It is a huge, heavy bike. I was told by support to adjust the pedal assist to 9 levels so using pedal assist 1 (only) would make the motor do little work. Most of the propulsion is from my legs and doing that I should get closer to the 75 mile expected range the website says. A 2nd battery is like $700 - holy cow!
I've got 60 miles out a single charge, mixed riding. I totally agree with @Roorbach, keep an eye out. In my romp to work I am going the MO ebike limit of 30mph much of the way and right turns across the bicycle lane in the city of St Louis have been interesting so far. It takes focus by the rider and the drive. That was 13 miles, 34 minutes (6.5/17 each way), 23mph average, using 53% charge usage.

Also, I ride with a mixed use, full-face motorcycle (O'Neal Sierra II) helmet and gloves when I plan on (full) throttle only. For riding like when I reached 60 miles, it's with more typical bicycling helmet & gloves. 6'2" 225lbs with a panier lightly loaded with support equipment.

Back