Rear Wheel Re Build?

Moss

Region
United Kingdom
Hi Guy's,
Has anyone ever had a rear wheel re, built on to a new carbon rim? I'll explain why I'm asking..
My cycling mate has a top end Ribble SLE with Mavic carbon wheels, the rear wheel has a crack; after he hit a pothole or two.
He's thiking of having the rear wheel rebuilt on a cheaper rim than the Mavic one.
Can anyone recommend a wheel builder that can do the job? X35+ Mahle hub ! Thanks

Hi Guy's,
Has anyone ever had a rear wheel re, built on to a new carbon rim? I'll explain why I'm asking..
My cycling mate has a top end Ribble SLE with Mavic carbon wheels, the rear wheel has a crack; after he hit a pothole or two.
He's thiking of having the rear wheel rebuilt on a cheaper rim than the Mavic one.
Can anyone recommend a wheel builder that can do the job? X35+ Mahle hub ! Thanks
Hello Moss,
Some time ago, I installed the X35+ motor on an aluminum DT Swiss wheel, and I've been using it without any issues since then. The rim I used is the R460 700C 23MM DB VI. In addition to the rim, you'll need to get spokes of the appropriate size. In my case, I used DT Swiss spokes: 2.0/1.8 x 258 S 6.2. With these components, any bike service workshop should be able to assemble it for you. I hope this is helpful to you.

Back