Rear brake disk rotates free, what kind of setup is it? Lockring? Screws?

Glad I read this 'cause I'd been sort of eyeballing the 600X. I did make a non-bike purchase from them and wound up contacting support. Took months to get them to talk to me and when they finally did, I wasn't impressed.

This was deliberate sabotage. Sabots were a kind of wooden shoe. Throwing one into the works will mess it up. There must have been a putz boss at the factory.

Attachments

• Putz.jpg
    Putz.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 115
Its been a couple of months since I got the new wheel. Works good now. Same design though. I am using my rear brake less and less though. Decided to get it fixed at the bike shop,. but did the final mounting on the bike myself. Getting the dots to line up at 3 was a bit tricky, but it worked out in the end.

Closing in on almost 1000 miles now.

Reagrding m@Rob's note in post 4: I see "180" in the photo from OP. So if there is a limit of 160, Priority has been misusing adapters.

Reagrding m@Rob's note in post 4: I see "180" in the photo from OP. So if there is a limit of 160, Priority has been misusing adapters.
That was a limitation on the linked DT Swiss adapters, not anything that came from Priority. However, given the situation I would say your conclusion is correct nonetheless. I sure wouldn't trust them on ANYTHING after seeing something like this.

Okay, so I should definitely avoid hard braking on the rear wheel.

The bike runs nice though, and hopefully it will last beyond warranty period. Looks like some parts are not carefully thought out?

I have seen some similar stuff on big box bikes and internet only bikes where the brake only grabs 1/2 of the pad surface the last few years. I wonder the extent it is due to the supply chain issues. It is a level of negligence. Can you swap the adaptor?

Thats a good plan until the first time it isn't. This is not the sort of thing you can compromise on. Your brakes have to work.
I have seen way to many homeless guys riding on bikes with no brakes. saw one guy coasting down a somewhat steep hill that costs a busy street with no brakes he lucked out and the lights just changed as he approached.

I have seen way to many homeless guys riding on bikes with no brakes. saw one guy coasting down a somewhat steep hill that costs a busy street with no brakes he lucked out and the lights just changed as he approached.
It is funny that I have said a few times this week, 'I am not that desperate; Yet.' Saying No is a luxury. When I have serviceable spare parts I put them at the RR tracks by a river bridge and they are always gone within 20 minutes. There is a huge encampment on the other side of the rail bridge.

It is funny that I have said a few times this week, 'I am not that desperate; Yet.' Saying No is a luxury. When I have serviceable spare parts I put them at the RR tracks by a river bridge and they are always gone within 20 minutes. There is a huge encampment on the other side of the rail bridge.
around here you could buy spare parts from the homeless they can have carts full of bike parts

Thats a good plan until the first time it isn't. This is not the sort of thing you can compromise on. Your brakes have to work.
The rear brakes work now. I am just wondering what part should I swap so i can keep using the 180mm rotor? Or should I switch to 160mm rotor?

Back