Ramp to basement

Fun that this post is still active. I like the idea of the deflopulator. I’ve tried a bungee, it works but gets in the way. my handle bar is pretty full with a loud siren, bell, phone holder etc. I was also a bit afraid it might come unhooked and hit me right in the naughty bits. Ouch.
The neat thing with the ramp is using walk assist when going up, works really well once you develop a good technique.

I don’t have a diflopulator, but they seem to be cheap and once it’s connect and adjusted, u forget about it, I assume.

Has anyone tried stretching a bungee cord hooked on each fork and wrapped around a frame member like the seat post to keep the wheel straight?
I think that would have a mechanical advantage but there could be draw backs too. The wheel or fender may rub on the bungee and there could be a risk of it getting caught in something. I think it should be high and centered.
I regularly use a 12 foot long bungee to tie on larger objects to the rear rack. I cinch the loop on the seat post, go under and cross over, attaching with double half-hitches. This is fast and effective.
1646848520952.jpeg
1646848561102.jpeg
1646848602100.jpeg

Back