Rain protection while traveling with trike on car

PennyWV

Having my catrike converted to electric next month. I often travel with it on a trike rack on back of car. Looking for suggestions for covering the rear wheel/hub while driving. I have a trike cover that I use while parked but I doubt it would hold up at highway speeds. I expect it to get a little wet from time to time but would like to keep it as protected as I reasonable can. Any suggestions?

Having my catrike converted to electric next month. I often travel with it on a trike rack on back of car. Looking for suggestions for covering the rear wheel/hub while driving. I have a trike cover that I use while parked but I doubt it would hold up at highway speeds. I expect it to get a little wet from time to time but would like to keep it as protected as I reasonable can. Any suggestions?
That's a tough one! We've had many, many conversations about carrying ebikes in rain. I've read some here use many bungee cords with the cover of your choice. I've read everything from motorcycle covers to gas grill covers. You could possibly use an ATV cover I suppose. I don't worry too much about the hub while carrying in the rain with my pickup bed rack. I remove the battery and display, and believe it or not I use saran wrap to cover the controls and handlebars. Not the most elegant solution, but I've traveled hundreds of miles that way without issue.

If I could find a proper handlebar cover I'd buy it in a heartbeat. There are bike wheel travel bags. I don't know if you could adapt one to work, or if it would hold up.

https://www.bikebag.com/product-p/bw-whlguard.htm

Hadn’t thought a wheel bag, I’ll look into that, thanks. I may try the cover I have, with lots of straps as you mentioned. Its a well made cover and since its a trike it sits well below the roof line so it does get some protection.

The trike handlebars are a little easier. I have several clear plastic drawstring backpacks that fit over them and I cinch them tight using a couple of nite ize rubber twist ties (love those things). Picked everything up on Amazon, works like a charm.

Back