Radwagon after first 1000 miles

WilliamT

So I've owned the Radwagon for about 4 months and have gone 1000 miles with my commute.

Radwagon at 1000.png

So far its been holding up well. No problems with the spokes loosening. The battery held up well in the winter but it's only been exposed to 16 degree (F) worst case. I've been through snow and heavy rains and it's been running great.

The bike came with the rear brakes rubbing but after some adjustments its running smooth. It squeals but I think it probably needs new rear pads (Aries).

Have you noticed any decreased range?

I know you are saying that the battery held up well, but does that mean no change, or not that extreme of a change, or something else entirely.

Just looking for some better batteries, so any help would be appreciated.

No real noticeable change in range. In warmer weather I get better range. But I definitely would like to get a longer range battery next time. Or just carry an extra one in the bag.

I've looked at this one (the 13.5 ah should give a 16+% increase in range for roughly $400)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Or this one which would provide a 20% increase in range for around $400 as well

I've purchased from LunaCycle before for the charger (much faster than the stock charger and with a fan) and that arrived very quickly. My experience was good so I will probably continue to buy. (I think mine came in 3 days from the west coast to east coast)

I've also purchased a e-bike kit from Dillenger. They are slower but the product was good. Expect deliveries of around 2 to 2.5 weeks.

No real noticeable change in range. In warmer weather I get better range. But I definitely would like to get a longer range battery next time. Or just carry an extra one in the bag.

I've looked at this one (the 13.5 ah should give a 16+% increase in range for roughly $400)

Or this one which would provide a 20% increase in range for around $400 as well

I've purchased from LunaCycle before for the charger (much faster than the stock charger and with a fan) and that arrived very quickly. My experience was good so I will probably continue to buy. (I think mine came in 3 days from the west coast to east coast)

I've also purchased a e-bike kit from Dillenger. They are slower but the product was good. Expect deliveries of around 2 to 2.5 weeks.

Hey William,

Are you sure one of those batteries would fit the RadRover? I am assuming the mini and the rover use the exact same battery! Let me know. I am looking for a second battery for my rover and the Panasonic 48V 14 AH would be excellent.

Thanks!

Hey William,

Are you sure one of those batteries would fit the RadRover? I am assuming the mini and the rover use the exact same battery! Let me know. I am looking for a second battery for my rover and the Panasonic 48V 14 AH would be excellent.

Thanks!

Looking at the replacement parts section, it looks like all the rad bikes share the same battery. I have the Dillenger 36v kit and that uses this dolphin style battery.

http://dillengerelectricbikes.com/s...nt-style-36v-13ah-samsung-battery-bafang.html

I took off my radwagon battery and the dillenger battery was a perfect fit; (but the wrong voltage (36v vs 48v) so I didn't turn it on).

I plan on getting that same battery for the Radwagon when this one no longer charges. The LunaCycle battery looks good too. I think one of the guys on another thread did this (purchased the LunaCycle battery) for his RadRover. The case is the same, just make sure the voltage is correct.

Ok cool. I will take a look at it. So as long as the voltages match up at 48V, we should be good! Great thanks for the confirmation on the fit.

Many 48v systems can run a 52v battery. You may get a couple of mph increase at full charge.

Many 48v systems can run a 52v battery. You may get a couple of mph increase at full charge.
I dunno that you could get any extra MPH, as the system is speed limited electronically. You WILL get increased torque/acceleration, and maybe range. More watts is more watts.

I dunno that you could get any extra MPH, as the system is speed limited electronically. You WILL get increased torque/acceleration, and maybe range. More watts is more watts.
Most 48V controllers will run up to 60V and most 48V motors will run with some over volting. Every motor I have gained 1-3MPH with my 52V 14s batteries. But only when the battery is over the 54.6V of a 48V battery. That's my experience.

Most 48V controllers will run up to 60V and most 48V motors will run with some over volting. Every motor I have gained 1-3MPH with my 52V 14s batteries. But only when the battery is over the 54.6V of a 48V battery. That's my experience.
But are the motors you are using speed limited (i.e., GOVERNED electronically) or drag limited? If they were drag limited, yes, you will pick up a few MPH. Rad power chose to comply with a certification basis and electronically limited the motors to 20 mph. Set up this way, when I pedal above the electronically limited speed, the wattage drops right off as the electronic governor pulls power out.

Have you tired going into the RR LCD set-up screen and adjusting the motor cut off from 32 k/hr to 40 k/hr (20 mph to 24.8 mph motor cut off). I can only use this speed with the throttle because the 7 speed gearing is too low to keep up with that speed.

But are the motors you are using speed limited (i.e., GOVERNED electronically) or drag limited? If they were drag limited, yes, you will pick up a few MPH. Rad power chose to comply with a certification basis and electronically limited the motors to 20 mph. Set up this way, when I pedal above the electronically limited speed, the wattage drops right off as the electronic governor pulls power out.
What happens if this is done? OOPS Mr Gold beat me...Mind you, I'm not suggesting it's a good idea to increase speed, but it sure seems like it's a popular pastime.

You can set the motor cut off speed up to 25 mph.
(40 k/hr) for the Radrover on the LCD set-up screen.

- Turn the battery pack and LCD screen on
- press/hold the up and down arrows on LCD controller to enter set-up mode
- use the center "mode" button to scroll the options of wheel size, motor cut off speed, screen brightness, and mile or km for LCD display
- the motor cut off should be set 32 k/hr (20 mph). The motor cut off speed is only displayed in k/hr and you can adjust up or down 1 k/hr increments. I think the lowest is 11 k/hr (7 mph) and the highest is 40 k/hr (24.85 mph).
- press and hold "mode" button to get out of set up screen

Back