Radrunner - Power upgrade

I bought the European 250w version of the Radrunner.

I find the speed of it adequate but do notice that the motor struggles going up hills.

What would be the options of upgrading the power/speed in it?

I've reached out to both bolton and electro bike world about their 35 amp controller/screen for the rad products, and neither can confirm with 100% certainly that it will work with the runner, as they havent tested it. That said, if you're willing to take a change, you can get something like this which will be able to push more power to the motor - https://boltonebikes.com/products/radrover-upgrade-kit

It would also let you customize how the throttle, pas, and motor acceleration work. As far as I understand, the EU version runs the exact same hub as the US version, they just have it severely limited due to regulations.

As long as the wiring harness on the runner is the same as the us rover, it should work fine.

I've reached out to both bolton and electro bike world about their 35 amp controller/screen for the rad products, and neither can confirm with 100% certainly that it will work with the runner, as they havent tested it. That said, if you're willing to take a change, you can get something like this which will be able to push more power to the motor - https://boltonebikes.com/products/radrover-upgrade-kit

It would also let you customize how the throttle, pas, and motor acceleration work. As far as I understand, the EU version runs the exact same hub as the US version, they just have it severely limited due to regulations.

As long as the wiring harness on the runner is the same as the us rover, it should work fine.
Thanks, SKK. I got the Eggrider display for it. I haven't had much time to tinker with it so far, but it has de restricted the throttle on it but there's no PAS.

I set the speed to 30kmph on it and it's working just fine. Tested it with my Garmin GPS last night which says i'm going at 28kmph actual speed. That has something to do with the wheel size i would think though.

Thanks, SKK. I got the Eggrider display for it. I haven't had much time to tinker with it so far, but it has de restricted the throttle on it but there's no PAS.

I set the speed to 30kmph on it and it's working just fine. Tested it with my Garmin GPS last night which says i'm going at 28kmph actual speed. That has something to do with the wheel size i would think though.
Ah awesome, was there anything special you had to do to get the display working with the stock controller? Or did it come with a new controller or something?

Ah awesome, was there anything special you had to do to get the display working with the stock controller? Or did it come with a new controller or something?
No, it was plug and play to a certain extent. I had to mess with a setting in the 'Lishui' part of the Eggrider app to get the PAS working.

George from ER walked me through it. It makes a good difference.

I hope i don't burn the motor out. :D

No, it was plug and play to a certain extent. I had to mess with a setting in the 'Lishui' part of the Eggrider app to get the PAS working.

George from ER walked me through it. It makes a good difference.

I hope i don't burn the motor out. :D
Funny thing, if you're talking about George on the Facebook group, I think we might have been chatting about this on that facebook post too lol.

Glad to hear that its working though, has the new screen increased the torque at all? As thats the main thing I'm looking for, with my heavy butt on the bike its just not very zippy, hoping the new screen will give me a bit more power to get up to speed faster with the throttle.

Hi, would you mind telling me which Eggrider display exactly did you buy (maybe post a link)? I have been searching their webpage and they have several options...

Could you also please post the instructions on the 'Lishui' part of the Eggrider app - does this basically disable the PAS sot that you can ride the bike without pedaling (only by turning the throttle?).

Many thanks.

Here is link for 2019 version that incorporates the 2019 Rad Power integrated rear brake light.

Not quite yet available, but you can enter your email for availability notification.

Here is link for 2019 version that incorporates the 2019 Rad Power integrated rear brake light.

Not quite yet available, but you can enter your email for availability notification.

Oh awesome, thanks buddy, I appreciate it

Hi, would you mind telling me which Eggrider display exactly did you buy (maybe post a link)? I have been searching their webpage and they have several options...

Could you also please post the instructions on the 'Lishui' part of the Eggrider app - does this basically disable the PAS sot that you can ride the bike without pedaling (only by turning the throttle?).

Many thanks.

I have not bought one yet, but if you check the eggrider facebook group you can find more info about using the screen with the runner.

Funny thing, if you're talking about George on the Facebook group, I think we might have been chatting about this on that facebook post too lol.

Glad to hear that its working though, has the new screen increased the torque at all? As thats the main thing I'm looking for, with my heavy butt on the bike its just not very zippy, hoping the new screen will give me a bit more power to get up to speed faster with the throttle.
Yeah, that was probably me on FB. :D

As regards the torque, i think it does get up to speed quicker alright. The motor used to cut out around 23kmph and then kick back in again. It was really disconcerting. The eggrider cured that.

I still have some tinkering around to do with it and am stuck for time to do it.

Many thanks.

Hi, you need to select the radpower drop down on this page to get it:

When i plugged in the eggrider in it automatically over rode the limit on the throttle, that's the way it was set up out of the box. I didn;t need to do anything.

You can adjust the 'PAS Gain' in the Lishui Settings in the app to get the PAS working if you want.

@Utter Consternation hey there, I also have the 250w radrunner, and got the eggrider display, but after installing it, I realised that there is no way to make the integrated front and rear lights work now....
How have you got around that? Different lights? Or is there a way to get them to turn on I haven't figured out yet?

Thanks

@Utter Consternation hey there, I also have the 250w radrunner, and got the eggrider display, but after installing it, I realised that there is no way to make the integrated front and rear lights work now....
How have you got around that? Different lights? Or is there a way to get them to turn on I haven't figured out yet?

Thanks
In case anyone ever has the same issue... There isn't actually an issue 🙃.

To turn lights on, hold down the down button for a couple of secs. That's it.

#idiot

When i plugged in the eggrider in it automatically over rode the limit on the throttle, that's the way it was set up out of the box. I didn;t need to do anything.

You can adjust the 'PAS Gain' in the Lishui Settings in the app to get the PAS working if you want.
Have a rad runner EU coming soon. Have also ordered a eggrider v2 would appreciate any guidance thanks.

Have a rad runner EU coming soon. Have also ordered a eggrider v2 would appreciate any guidance thanks.

Thanks
Was eggrider set up easy have you got the v2 and it just plugged into your rad runner.

Have bought EU rad runner and eggrider v2 would appreciate what you have found out. Only want to use throttle as I only do no more than 5 miles in a journey.

I bought the European 250w version of the Radrunner.

I find the speed of it adequate but do notice that the motor struggles going up hills.

What would be the options of upgrading the power/speed in it?
Do you know what the sticker means turning these 2 screws is prohibited. It will lower leaver sensitivity. Can't really see the 2 screws but it must be something to do with the legalities.

Back